Chapter Sixteen: A Perfect Life

So it's been awhile since I uploaded due to the fact that I've been real busy. Also I kind of lost passion to write this story. But I will finish it off with one more chapter, then it will be done. I just thought it would be fair if I actually finished it. Thank you all for reading and I hope you like my other works!

So here is my newest and final chapter!

Artemis:

When I saw Castiel bring my sister’s body back to the motel, I was angry. Angry that he would let her go along with her plan and angry because I hadn’t protected her like I was supposed to. I didn’t cry at first, but I did slam my fist into Castiel’s face. He looked surprised but let me beat on him. I did until I was worn out and I fell beside Noko, who was already crying. She pulled me into her arms as I began to sob too. Sam and Dean had the decency to let us have our space and had retreated to the kitchen, but I could hear their slight crying.

            I felt mom teleport beside me and grab my shoulder. It hurt, but I didn’t care; I had been taught to deal with pain. Plus this pain I could deal with, especially without complaining. My mom had just lost Lilith and now Diana, I could only imagine how she felt.

            “What happened?” she questioned angrily. I could feel the waves of rage coming off of her and the earth beneath us beginning to shake.

            “She sacrificed herself to stop the apocalypse,” I replied between sobs.

            “I did it,” Castiel said quietly.

            “What!?” Gaia questioned and I looked at him surprised.

            “She had already begun the ritual when we’d gotten attacked by demons,” he replied. “She had dropped her knife and there was no time, so I did it.”

            Gaia didn’t even think but hit him hard with the back of her hand. He flew across the room, hitting the wall, which cracked and caved in slightly. She walked over to him and grabbed him by his collar before spinning him around and throwing him against the other side of the room. I looked at him not fighting back. His nose was on a funny angle and he was bleeding, a lot.

            “Stop mom, please,” I said knowing that Castiel had no choice. He was trying to save the world, which was something she hadn’t even had the guts to do.

            She stopped and came over to me. “She wasn’t supposed to have died yet,” Gaia stated.

            “Is there ever a good time for an immortal to die?” I replied softly brushing Diana’s cold face. She only looked like she was sleeping, except for the fact that she was a lot more pale.

            “Probably not, but it has to happen to everyone right?” someone questioned behind me. I saw Diana and Lilith glowing and translucent. Diana was looking at me and Lilith was just looking awkwardly around the room.

            “Diana!” I yelled getting up and running to hug her. I rushed right through her and turned back around to face her.

            “That was really gross feeling,” she said rubbing her tummy. “Never do that again,” she told me.

            “Diana?” Gaia questioned. “You came back.”

            “I brought Lilith too ma,” Diana replied pointing a thumb at our younger sister. Gaia only glanced at her before walking over and touching her daughter’s face. “Whoa, you can touch me?”

            “Of course I can, I made you,” she replied. “I know we had a fight, but honey, you weren’t supposed to die,” she told Diana softly. I felt hopeful, we’d all died in battle one time or another and mother had always remade us.

            “Well it’s the only way the world wasn’t going to end,” she replied. “But I know that you can remake me.”

            Gaia smiled. “I don’t have to,” she whispered and went over to her dead daughter’s body. She blew into Diana’s dead mouth and I saw Diana’s spirit get sucked back in. “You’re lucky you were right here and the body hasn’t had time to really decompose.”

            Diana sat up and coughed. I ran over to her and hugged her. This time I actually got to hug something. I heard Castiel laugh and Noko joined our hug. Diana still coughed but pushed us away.

            “Mom, I know I’m asking a lot, but please, can you bring back Lilith?” Diana asked and I looked at my sister horrified. Lilith had left us to go with Lucifer, but then again, she had been in love; just like Castiel and Diana.

            “What?” I heard Sam ask coming out of the kitchen. “You can’t bring her back.”

            Gaia chuckled. “I could if I wanted to,” she sneered at him.

            “Please,” Diana begged. “She made a mistake, she knows that.”

            “She’ll just go back to him,” Gaia argued. “She doesn’t learn.”

            “But she has,” Diana replied. “Just give her another chance.”

            I got up and looked my mom in the eyes. “Please, can’t she have another chance? Can’t we keep our family together?”

            Gaia sighed and twirled her hand in the air. Slowly a tall blonde was formed, just how Lilith usually was. Gaia blew into the blonde’s lifeless lips like she’d done for Diana and Lilith slipped into her new body. She immediately hugged mom and we all joined into a group hug. Then Diana broke off and hugged Castiel while Lilith went over to Sam and Dean, probably to apologize.

            I stayed with mom. “Thank you,” I told her watching Diana in her happiness. “Thank you so much.”

After that our family was whole and it got a lot bigger after Gaia allowed Diana and Castiel to get married. They adopted several little children and lived in a house right beside ours. Castiel still had to go on his business trips, but at least there wasn’t an apocalypse to worry about. Diana and I still went hunting, and I taught her kids how to kick butt. Especially the kids who attempted to bully them at school. Diana hadn’t been very happy with me for teaching her kids to show who’s boss at school.

Dean and Sam went on their way, Noko and Lilith tagged along. I missed the four of them a lot, but they kept in contact. Once every year on the same day, we’d have a We Saved the World Party. When another one attempted to happen, we teamed together and stopped it. After our party soon changed to We Saved the World, A Lot.

I met Gabriel, another angel and we got married. Gaia was a lot more comfortable and soon the ancient war between us was gone. Now we just had a war against the people who kept trying to kill us and start an apocalypse. I died in one of these battles, but was resurrected.

Everything was how it should be, our family whole and not always at each others throats. For once, I was peaceful, as was everyone else.