Chapter Six: Something's Up

Took me forever to figure out this chapter. But I DID IT!!!! So I hope you enjoy.

Sam:

Cano’s Coffee House was only a block away from our motel, so I’d walked. After all the Impala wasn’t mine and dean was more likely to need it, actually, more likely to want to drive. So I settled for walking.

   But at least the coffee house was close and it had free WiFi access if you bought something. So I could do some research on these elusive girls.

   I chuckled to myself, I really couldn’t believe Dean thought a bunch of girls, who happened to be siblings, were who we were looking for. If every girl who’d turned up their nose at Dean was, men would’ve died out years ago.

   “Just a regular coffee please,” I told a small Native American teenage girl, who’s name tag read Noko.

   “Would you like milk or cream sir?” she asked politely with a smile.

   “Umm,” I thought. “Neither, actually.” I told her and she took my money.

   “For here or to go?”

   “Here,’ I answered.

   “Nice,” she said with a nod. “Means one less cup wasted and helps the environment.”

   I smiled at her as she went and made my drink. She seemed nice, a very likeable person, who cared about where she lived.

   “There you go. Sugar shakers are on each table and they’re labeled for Raw Sugar and just Sweetner, alright.”

   “Thank you very much,” I said taking my drink and grabbing a booth near the back.

   I had just opened my laptop when an Indian girl slid into the seat across from me.

   “You’re not welcome here,” she told me.

   I looked up, surprised. “Excuse me,” I asked with a frown.

   She glanced around, as if to make sure no one was listening, then she leaned in closer. “Get out of Johnston. You are not welcome.”

   “I’m sorry, but, who are you?” I questioned. She was bothering me, a lot.

   “Doesn’t matter,” she said looking at me with her big brown eyes. “This town doesn’t want people with huge targets for evil on their back, here. So take your brother and your angel friend and go away.”

   “No,” I told her defiantly. “We’re not going anywhere. Not until we find what we’re looking for.”

   She glared at me. “You won’t and we will use force to make you leave if we have to.”

   We stared at each other, eyes locked, until someone dropped something and I got distracted to see what it was.

   She got up. “You’ll wish you had just left when I said you should. Now things aren’t going to be easy.”

   “They never are,” I muttered to myself while she strutted out the door. “Nothing ever is.”

   Noko slid into the seat where the other girl had just been sitting and gave me an apologetic smile.

   “That was Lewanna, she doesn’t like outsiders,” Noko told me. “She likes keeping this town safe. So don’t worry, you’re not the only person she’s tried to scare away.”

   I thought it through, Noko was wrong, Lewanna knew about Dean, Castiel and me. She had known what we were looking for and she was going to stop us from finding it. But I wasn’t about to say that out loud.

   I shrugged. “Okay, um, thanks for apologizing, although it’s wasn’t your fault.”

   “Kinda is,” Noko said, flipping back her silky, dark, brown hair. “It happened in my family’s café, so I have to deal with it. I can’t have Lewanna scaring away all the customers, now can I?”

   I gave her a smile and shook my head. “Guess not. Thanks.”

   She gave a nod and stood up, dusting off her apron. “Well I gotta go back to work now. Enjoy the rest of your time here,” she said and walked back to the counter.

   I will, I thought to myself, watching her walk back to the counter. My respect for her had just gone up.

   Then I looked back down to my computer and lowered my hands onto the keyboard. I took a breath and then typed ~Lewanna~.

By the way don't forget to vote and fan if you like my story. I'd appreciate it!!!