Chapter Ten: Some Help!

Diana:

As I sped away from my house, an angry yet sad feeling washed over me. How dare they not even feel for other living things? How dare they look down in me just because I do? It wasn’t fair of them and they knew it.

   But the fact saddened me because even though I’d always known how my sisters would act in this situation, I had just thought that maybe they’d look beyond themselves and find in their hearts that men were important too. That not just our Mother, our sisters and other women were important but the whole of the world.

   I pulled into a restaurant, called Dan’s, parking lot and got off my motorcycle. I placed my helmet on my seat before pulling out my cell. I went to call Dean when Artemis stopped in front of me on her motorcycle and tossed me her cell phone.

   “Yours got disconnected, remember,” she said and I just looked at her. She sighed, “Yes courtesy of me and Selene. Now call the damn Winchesters.”

   I opened her phone still watching as she parked beside my bike and got off her own. I began calling Dean as she took off her little backpack.

   “Aww man, forgot my toothpaste,” she muttered, then looked up at me. “Do you think they’ll have the right toothpaste?” I frowned at her.

   “Hello,” Dean answered his phone, sounding a bit tired.

   “Hi, it’s Diana,” I told him. “We need to talk.”

   “I know – ”

   “Come to Dan’s, it’s a restaurant,” I interrupted him. “It’s by Cano’s.”

   “Alright, when?”

   “Now,” I answered him, and then said a little less demanding. “I’m here now, so it’d be a good time.”

   I heard him talking to people in the background, then, “’Kay, we’re on our way. See yah.”

   “Bye,” I said hanging up and looking at Artemis who gave me a weak smile. “Why are you here?” I questioned her.

   She looked away and crossed her arms, giving that stubborn look we all seemed to have. “Because I need you,” she answered. “Because without you, I am just a warrior with no direction.”

   I looked at her closer. “You mean you had some direction before?” She didn’t answer, but slung on her back pack and began walking to the restaurant.

   “Yeah,” she answered. “And it’s with you. Now come on.”

   I grabbed my helmet and proceeded inside with her, where we found a table at the back. The restaurant wasn’t very busy, not for a weekend night. Although like usual the bar was filled and the tables around were filled.

   “So… after screwing with my life for all those years, you suddenly want to help me?” I questioned her. She looked at me with her green eyes, like I was crazy not to figure out why she was doing what she was doing.

   “I’ve always only wanted to help,” she told me and in my mind I was thinking how many times do we have to go over this? “You’ve just always misunderstood.”

   I frowned at her as a waitress came by handing us menus.

   “Can I get you anything to drink?” she asked us.

   “Can I get a beer?” Artemis asked with a smile, good thing the waiter was a girl.

   “Sure,” the waitress answered jotting it down. “What type?”