Chapter 9 (last chapter)

-Logan’s POV-Present day-

“What’s your favorite movie Logan?” Lax asked holding his camera up as we walked outside in the prison field. “And don’t let it be anything about killing.”

I laughed softly. “I’m going to have to say kids.”

“Really? That surprises me. Why?”

“Well yeah. Teenagers go around doing all kinds of things, their parents never notice. I feel like, as a kid you have the chance to find something you really love, what you want to do, I guess like your passion. Then they carry it out through the rest of their lives, trying to live up to what they want to be.”

“And what do you want to be? Lax asked.

“Not sure. I’ll tell you when I grow up.” I gave him a hopeful smile and looked back down at my hands which were cuffed.

“Sounds good enough.” Lax smiled back. “I guess we’re pretty much done this whole thing now.”

“So soon?” I frowned. I actually did enjoy hanging out with him. He gave me something to look forward to everyday.

He exhaled deeply. “You know what the death penalty is?”

“Well, duh….why?” I looked back up at him.

“They want to execute you. It’s not official yet though!”

“They want to kill me?!” I shook my head. “No. They can suck it up!”

“You should get back in the cell. I’ll be back tomorrow.”

“Fine.”

-Selena’s POV-

I sat on the couch with my mom and dad, watching the news with them. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING was about Logan.

It was hard. It was painful to know, that I was most likely a reason why Logan shot up the whole school, yet I’m still alive. I deserved to die more than the hopeless students who were trapped in a gym with him. Students who didn’t even know him.

I should of known what he was up too. How did I not? Logan used to tell me everything. It makes me wonder what other secrets he’d been keeping from me all this time. I told no one else what happened in the gym with him, when he nearly killed me, and what happened the day before.

The only reason I had Logan’s bullies over were to try and talk to them about lying off Logan. If I have told Logan that I was going to talk to them, he would have flipped out. I didn’t want that. It hurt like hell, seeing my best friend, being tortured EVERY DAY by such monsters, and you’re standing there, so defenseless, not knowing what to do or how to help. It’s harder when he doesn’t want help. He doesn’t mind being pushed around, well at least, he didn’t. There was absolutely no way I ever wanted to be friends with the people who made Logan’s life hell, all I wanted to do was try to stop them…that’s all I was trying to do.

“Execute him!” My mom screamed at the TV as a picture of Logan popped up. People were debating if he should be killed or not.

“Mom.” I shook my head, signaling her to stop.

“He almost killed you!” My mom crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at me.

“But he didn’t…”

“Selena.” My dad invited himself into the conversation. “The world needs to learn a lesson. Maybe if Logan died on TV in front of America there would be less deaths.”

“How could you guys say that?! You guys loved Logan!” I shot up off the couch staring at them both in disbelief at what they were saying.

“We did, that was until he became a mass murderer.” My mom added.