Chapter 7

-Logan’s POV-Present Day-

“So, what went through your mind that day?” Lax asked jotting down notes.

“The morning I did it?” I asked to confirm that’s what he meant.

“Yes.”

“That was a Monday. I hate Mondays. I had a test that day.”

“Are you saying that if you didn’t have a test you wouldn’t of murdered your classmates?”

“Don’t put words into my mouth!” I shouted at him slamming my hands on the table. “What I was implying was I may not it done it that day. But there’s no way in hell those people weren’t going to get what they deserved.”

“And what did they deserve?”

“More pain than I’ve been feelings I guess.”

“What did you do when you got to school?” He focused the camera on me.

“I waited until everyone was in second period, then I went around and put chains with locks in all of the exits. It was easy. Second period was when all the security guards take their lunch break. Then I went to the computer center and got my friend Timmy to send out a different message of the day on the hallway monitors.”

“Did you get that idea from Harris and Klebold?” Lax laughed a bit.

“You’re good, but you see my idea was brilliant. I didn’t give any warning. I sent out a mandatory pep-rally message instructing all the kids to skip their third period class and go to the gym. Timmy thought it was a great prank. He said he wouldn’t miss it for the world. Then I went to my locker and got the guns and pipe bombs.”

“Where did you get the pipe guns?” Lax looked confused.

“I made them.” I smiled proudly.

“Was it easy?”

“It was easy once I got the instructions off Google.  All I had to do was go to one hardware store to get half the ingredients then to another to get the other half. No one had a clue what I was up too.”

“How did you get the guns?”

I thought for a moment. “Well a guy I know who works at Walmart In Council Bluffs, he sold them too me.”

“Don’t you need to be eighteen to buy guns here?”

“Do you know how easy it is to get a gun? It scares me man! There are more ways around being under eighteen getting a gun than I can count. Everyone and their brother has a gun.”

“You mean everyone and theirmother.” He corrected me.

“What?”

“Everyone has a mother, not a mother. That’s the saying. Everyone and their mothers.”

“Whatever, same thing.” I rolled my eyes.

“You are aware that everyone has a mother right?”

“Wow you’re asking stupid questions. I thought you were suppose to be some sort of hot shot reporter. This is a very important story. I don’t think you’ll ever have one bigger."

“Okay let’s cut to it. Did you ever think of the people’s mothers, or fathers, or loved ones while you were shooting them in their faces?”

“No…”

“Why not?”

“Because there’s obviously something wrong with me Lax. Do you honestly think a normal person goes around there school shooting everybody? Let’s face it Lax. I’m special.

“How do you think your mother would of felt if you were killed?”

I shrugged. “At this point she’s probably be relived.”

“Oh come on.” Lax gave me a sympathetic look.

“If you say so. She’s always working though, she probably wouldn’t even realize it until three days later.”

“Well you’re not the most likeable kid I’ve ever met, but even Hitler’s mom loved him.”

“It’s not like we have a whole lot to talk about. She goes to work all day, I go to school all day. At night she has her life and I have mine. We don’t interfere with each other. She’s very good at giving me privacy.” I rested my head on my hand.

“Yeah but you live basically consists of playing video games and making pipe bombs. I mean didn’t she have a clue?”

“Well she’s a busy lady.”

“Alright, well anyways, just tell me what happened the day you massacred your school.

I rolled my eyes. “Alright. Sit back and relax because we have a long one.”