A somber night within him

Chapter 11.

I woke up that next morning and Beau was gone. In his place left a note.

Dear Seren,

I'm not going to stay with you, but I promise to visit at least once or twice a week, if I can. I'm trying to learn how to control my darkness and it may take some time. I love you, Beau

I got up and set the note into a desk. I put on my uniform and started for work.

Halfway through the day everything seemed to be going fine. That is until Arlen walked over.

"What ever happened to your pedophile sweetheart?" He asked. "I surely missed that fun"

"Shut up" I said.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing"

"I thought so"

"You know what actually?" I said, putting down my dustpan. "Forget this, forget all of it. I'm not going to take this anymore. I won't let you hurt me and force me into working ever again"

"Ever again? Is that so?" He said. "Well let's just get one thing straight. Your a seventeen year old girl who was supposed to be the princess and now your a maid in your own castle. And I'm the king who rules all of this. So honostly, honey, who do you think is going to win here?"

I turned from him and walked out. The palace didn't matter. All that did was Beau.

But Cherise stopped my path.

"Where does the little brat think she's going?" Cherise asked. "Oh I think I have a better place for you, Sherin"

"It's Seren!" I said as she grabbed my wrist her nails digging through my skin. She started to drag me away.

"Way to go hun" Arlen said, obviously very happy that Charise was doing this to me.

She smirked and then pulled me into a room I'd never seen. Well, actually, it looked more like a basement. Stairs led down to a dark room and she didn't bother to turn on a light, if there was one.

"Have fun" She said giving me a shove. I felt myself falling down the stairs. By the time I got to the bottom I had blacked out. No doubt I had broken bones.

When I woke up Beau was leaned over me in the same spot I'd fallen. A light was on and he was bandaging me.

"How did you get here?" I asked.

"I told you I'd visit if I could" Beau promised.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I was coming when I saw Charise push you. I came in after they left"

"I hate this"

"I know"

"I want to die"

"Don't say that"

"I can't be with you all of the time"

"But some of the time" Beau said.

"I just wish I could have you forever" I said.

"I do too" He said finishing up the bandage.

"Just try to get through a day without freaking out on Arlen. Or you might break a few more bones" He said. "If you can get through just another year or so, we'll be together someplace else. Just you and me, okay?"

"No I just can't take Arlen" I said. "He wanted to kill me but instead he's keeping me alive. And now his girlfriend decides to push me down a flight of stairs. Where are we anyway?"

"The blood room" Beau answered.

"The blood what?"

"It's where they keep the blood for the vampires"

"Oh, I thought I smelled something gross"

"I have to go" He said.

"Now?"

"If Arlen catches me, I'll be dead. And I can't always save you. It's dangerous in the other world too"

"Does your other world have a name?" I asked.

"No" Beau said. "I'll see you soon"

"Don't leave" I begged. He looked at me sorrowfully.

"I'm sorry" He said pulling his arms around me.

I didn't want to let go, but I did. And it was too soon before he was gone.