Caleb 

Chapter 13

Jordan escorted me to the training room in the house. There was gym equipment everywhere, along with other members of the house working out. The men were tall and beefy, and the worst part was the expression on their faces when they saw me.

"They don't like me do they?" I asked her.

"You're the newbie."

On the soccer team, as the captain I remember giving a hard time to the freshman team mates. Me being the new guy is completely understandable.

"But they don't even know me yet."

"Oh trust me, they know you." I gave her a quick glance in confusion. "You're one of the first people who've caught the attention of Callum Bell in a long time. I was surprised too."

"Why is that so important if I caught the old man's attention-"

"-Shh," Jordan hushed me in urgence. "We don't talk about him or the other's like that. Besides, new recruits are supposed to meet with the lower members. Rarely does any of the higher ranks acknowledge us."

"Why can't we talk about him like that?" I pushed. "Why is he so special anyway?"

"You know nothing," Jordan exasperated, her pretty mouth sighing at me. "He's one of Sebastian King's right hand men. The other is Mason Walker, the guy who is going to help you track down your sister."

I stopped in my tracks, and tensed. "Is he here?"

"No. You'll see him when you see him though." We walked up to a punching bag, and Jordan passed me a pair of boxing gloves."

"You ever boxed before?"

"No, but I guess I can always give it a shot." Jordan smiled at my statement, and the expression made her look more approachable. She slightly blushed and looked away when I realized that I was staring for too long. I quickly changed the subject.

We began punching at the punching bags while making conversation in between the hits.

"So, this Sebastian King. He runs this place?"

"Yes, he's the gang leader-"

"-Gang?" I nearly shouted. All of the other people stopped at their exercises and glared at me. "This is a fucking gang?"

"Kaleb..." Jordan whispered. "You're making a scene."

A hysterical laugh left my lips. "You lead me to a fucking gang?"

Never in my eighteen years of living have I ever been so pissed in my life. Yet, there was another thrilling side to this happening that made me laugh. I never thought I would have ended up here.

And it's all thanks to Cara.

"Kaleb," she grew serious. "Stop."

"No, you didn't tell me anything!" I shouted. I walked towards her menacingly, angry that she could have kept something this important from me.

"Kaleb!" She didn't back down, but instead put her palms against my chest to try to calm me. "Calm down!"

I was going to. I knew that I was reacting out of anger, so I felt apologetic. However, that brief second didn't give me enough time to dodge the punch that connected to my cheek.

"Shit!" Jordan shouted. "Back off, Chris. He's with me."

I looked up to meet eyes with the man who punched me. The cocky gleam in his eyes, and the wife beater drenched in sweat jogged my memory. There was a familiarity to the piercings on this brows, the shaved head, and the tattooes.