16: The panther and her secrets.

"Don't ever think that the reason
I'm peaceful
is because I don't know how to be violent."

Illdera.

Before I woke up, I had a dream. It was more of a nightmare. But not the usual kind of nightmare. Sometimes when you dream, you know that you are dreaming. Not in this one. This one felt very real.

I was standing on a clif, overlooking a huge plain. A battle was raging down below.

I saw orcs, goblins, trolls and other horrid creatures fighting elves, dwarves and men.

The good side was losing. The orcs outnumbered the elves, men and dwarves all together. The battlefield was already turning scarlet from the blood, and thousands were being cut down by the second.

"This is just the beginning." A strong female voice said from beside me.

I turned and saw a woman instantly recognised. It was the woman who had haunted my dreams and my thoughts for years.

"Mother." The word felt strange on my tongue.

My mother looked at me, her eyes full of sorrow.

"Illdera, my child, you must prevent this from happening."

"And if I don't? If I fail? What if.."

Mellera's eyes grew distant before I could finish. Suddenly we were standing on the battlefield. Only, there was no battle.

Only death.

The ground was full of corpses. Elves, men, women, children and dwarfs.

"It will not end here. Death will spread to every corner of Middle- Earth. And she will not be kind."

One body caught my eye.
A little girl lay with her blue eyes wide in horror. A fresh stream of blood trickled down her forehead. Her blond hair was smeared with ground.

 Her blond hair was smeared with ground

I kneeled beside her. I felt my eyes sting from tears. This girl had a whole life ahead of her. She didn't deserve to die.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I closed the little girl's eyes and stood up.

"How do I stop this? " I asked my mother.

"I don't know." She shook her head.
"But there is one thing I do know. You can't do it alone. You will need the help of three women. "

"Who?" I asked.

"You have to find out by yourself"

She beckoned me closer.

"Come. There is one more thing I need to show you."

The dream shifted again. When everything cleared, we were standing in a dimly lit corridor. It was so much like a cave that I started getting scared.