7: Running with Wargs.

"You can try to desroy my name,
but I will wear your hate
like war paint."

Illdera.

"Uncle Radagast!" I cried and ran to him.

Radagast the Brown hugged me as the dwarfs relaxed

Radagast the Brown hugged me as the dwarfs relaxed. They had looked ready for a fight as Radagast burst out of the woods.

Gandalf walked nearer and looked closely at Radagast.

"What on earth are you doing here?" He asked.

Radagast let go of me, then turned to Gandalf. "I was looking for you Gandalf." He answered.

"Something's wrong. Something is terribly wrong." He said.

Gandalf took him by his arm and led him away. As my two uncles talked, I moved to where Kili and his brother were sitting.

When Fili saw me coming, his eyes hardened and he stood up and turned to Kili.

"I'm going to go help Thorin." He said and turned away without looking at me. When he was gone I looked at Kili.

"Well?" I asked him with my hands on my hips.

"Well what?" He asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

Before I could retort, the cry of a warg filled the air. I must have looked quite frightened, because he came to my side and said.

"Don't worry, milady. I'll keep you safe." He smiled.

"Thank you, great sir." I answered with extravagance. "But I can take care of myself." I said and gave him a little nudge with my shoulder.

Another cry filled the air, louder this time. Bilbo looked fearfully at the others.

"Was that a wolf?" He asked. "Are, are there wolves out there?"

"Wolves? No, that is not a wolf. That, was the cry of a warg." Bofur said.

There was a growl behind us. We turned and saw a warg with dripping fangs.

The thing pounced, but I was ready for it. In a split second I drew my bow and shot it between the eyes.

Another came behind me. Just as I turned, the thing fell, with a arrow sticking out of its head.

It was not my arrow that had pierced it's thick skull though. It was Kili's.

I turned around and gave him a grateful look. He returned it with a smile.

Gandalf and Radagast came back and looked at Thorin.

"Warg scouts!" Thorin told them with disgust. "Which means an Orc pack is not far behind."

"Orc pack?" Bilbo asked.

"I think that's what he said, Bilbo." I said quietly.

"This is no time for jokes Illdera." Gandalf said angrily.