Chapter Seventeen

Suddenly her phone buzzed, bringing a curse to her lips. She had forgotten about the after party, turning to Saqr, who arched a brow at her slip, especially in front of his brother. "Oops, sorry," she blushed. "Sweetie, I'm supposed to be going to an after party for the awards. Can we just pop in? We don't have to stay. A photo shoot then gone," she promised.

"You mean you, not me? Now that's a change."

"Sorry sweetie, this time it's all about me," she grinned at him. It was so good to be back at his side, in his arms, and finally out in the open, or was it? "Unless you can't be seen with me," she added thoughtfully.

"Why wouldn't he?" Nadir asked curious.

"Wasn't before, not official anyway. This one," she patted Saqr's chest, "was off limit, well to the likes of me as I was reminded by your father often."

" So that is what he said you at the ball. I knew he was up to no good, and you did go quiet for awhile." She arched a brow at that. "I notice everything, you should know that by now, especially concerning you. Good thing you didn't listen."

"Who didn't listen?" she corrected.

"Both," he smiled. Dark honey eyes danced at her that she had missed so much. He gathered her against him, surrounding her with his arms. "So where's the party."

"The place we just left, but I need to go home to change, actually the hotel I'm staying at, saving on time," she explained at his questioning look.

"Sorry brother it seems we are needed elsewhere."

"No," she shook her head, mortified. "You need time with your brother. I'd ring and tell them I can't make it."

"There is no need," came from Nadir, drawing both of their attention as he glanced at his very expensive gold watch. "I have a plane to catch. I'd send the plane back to you Saqr, so spend some time with her family and I'd organise that wedding you wanted."

Natalie leaned against Saqr, rubbing his shirted chest. "Wedding?" she asked, holding her breath.

"Ours, as soon as possible. I'm not waiting for you a moment longer than I have to, you at my side as my wife."

She leaned in closer. "When did you ask?"

"You know, and you did answer 'yes'," he reminded her.

"Oh," she grinned. "So I did." Wrapping her arms around him.

"Is it always liked this?" Nadir asked amused.

"Usually, when she isn't following me around with her camera taking endless shots."

"Take no notice of him. He loved all the attention." She turned to Saqr. "Did you see I got my favourite photo of the pier in?"

"Yes, and not just one article. A series of articles."

"Well sweetie, you were too big to fit in one tiny, weeny article. How could I not?" Plus it had been a way to be apart of him. Reliving it all. Feeling close to him after losing him. There were things that still needed to be discussed. Things to be corrected, like that mock up of her article, as if she would write something like that.

Okay, she might have sent some rather hot headed emails to her father in frustration, but private was private. Or so she had thought. Both fathers had ganged up against them, and would have to be punished for playing their apart. Then again, if it hadn't been for Nadir, they wouldn't be here. She wouldn't be here, holding the man she loved.

She turned to look at his brother, marvelling at him. He wasn't dead just as Saqr had said, pointing at him, looking up at Saqr. "Later, my love. It's a long story. Nadir has a plane to catch and we have a party to attend." With hugs and shaking hands, they went once more back to the car and driven away to her hotel, where they entered kissing hungrily. The zip of her dress released, while slipping the card in, turning on lights. Kicking the door shut with his foot. She pulled off his jacket as he loosened his tie.