Chapter Eleven

He didn't put himself above others, sitting in the group of woman, hearing their grievances, but were reluctant to speak, giving quick little glances towards Natalie. He broke into Arabic, saying his guest didn't speak the language. Once hearing that they opened up to him. Saqr leaned, forwards arms on legs, head down, listening, nodding. Natalie watched on fascinated, most were calm, speaking softly, when upset they became animated with lots of hand gestures. Saqr always spoke softly with respect, and never ever rose his voice. He encouraged them, hear it all, she would guess, wondering if any come here to give him praise or thanks.

For all she knew, they could be coming onto him, choking back a swallowed. Chuckled, and covered with her hand, Saqr giving her a sideways glance. Okay, no naughty thoughts that would never happen. Now, if he was giving this much attention to woman in Australia, he would be fighting them off with a stick, frowning, or would he? She would have to stand guard, protecting him from his himself. Saqr gave her another quick look. Now what, bows burrowed. Oh, facial expression. Excusing herself, she stood and went back to the room, taking a vacant seat, facing him and the back of the woman. Mustafa shifted to stand at her side.

"I'm fine," she whispered.

"If not at his highness side I'm at your side at all times Miss Natalie," she was informed.

"To be kept in line," she smiled. We mustn't embarrass the prince.

"No," he corrected drawing her gaze. "For your protection."

Her heart skipped a beat. "Oh," she mouthed feeling all fuzzy inside. How nice. Seeing yet another side of him. No matter how he despised her being here, he still protected her. Probably because of two father's would kill him, sitting forward just to watch, falling into the moment.

As the group began to break up, they all went over to thank him, taking his offered hand, briefly shaking, heads bowed, coming to the last one, who had hovered in the background. Natalie had noticed her straight away. Something was wrong. She was agitated,  and when she came towards Saqr, she desperately clasped his hand tightly, shaking slightly. Saqr lowered his head and whispered softly. She stayed behind as the others left.

Natalie stayed behind, standing at her side. Incredible sad dark eyes looked up at her. Without thought she grabbed the woman's hand, squeezing. This woman was in pain. At first she saw panic, though didn't pull away. Her fingers curled around hers. Natalie smiled, reassuringly, kept holding her hand. The woman trembled, yet remained. Her heart ached for her. Gently Natalie guided her closer, placing an arm around her, holding in a hug, running her hand up and down her arm. Words weren't needed.

Saqr came back, doors closing, guards take their place, so no-one could enter. "Please take a seat," he said in English. Gently Natalie guided her to a seat and sat down at her side, still holding her hand, an arm around her black clad figure, veil hiding her face except for her eyes. Such sad, sad eyes. This woman was suffering and by a man's hand she'd bet.

"Don't be scared. His highness is a good man, you can trust him," she whispered. There eyes met and held, nodding. "Please speak in Arabic. I'm just here for moral support." Her eyes squinted. Saqr spoke softly. So her English was limited. She nodded, turning towards Saqr, so hesitant. This time he sat back, hand on his lap, posture relaxed. Natalie rubbed her back.

"I can't," she suddenly wailed, agitated.

"No, please don't," Natalie begged. "You're in trouble. Let us help you, please. That is why His highness is here to help you. He is the only one who can," she whispered, tear in her eyes at the fear in hers. "Please I beg of you," she looked at Saqr for guidance to do nothing. Was that a good sign? He was waiting for her to speak. "I think you need someone to talk to. Just talk, so talk." She eased back into her own seat, but didn't let go for the longest time.