Chapter Six

Sleeping in, because it was a ridiculous time to be up, set the mood for the rest of the morning. A rushed breakfast, and out the door by seven, they went to one meeting after another, and Saqr gave her no leeway, to just hang around in the background. There were no offers of photo shoots, having a quiet ride back to the palace with Saqr on the phone talking in his own tongue, making it clear he had no time for her.

Arriving back to the palace, Natalie went back to her rooms, and sat down in front of the laptop, writing everything down while still fresh in her mind. For a time there she had thought they had connected. Big mistake. No more red wine for her, or any form of alcohol around the prince. She still found it hard to believe, he actually owned a penthouse that none of his family knew about, and she had to keep her mouth shut. She hated secrets, wishing now he hadn't taken her there.

Once done, she changed out of her travelling clothes, replacing with shorts and t-shirt. Just to feel normal, and chilled out on the sofa, flopping back, placing legs over the bolster at the end. She just needed to get her head around things. She could handle the disapproving prince, even the sabotaging one, but the one she saw yesterday was doing her head in. Under the moody prince was such a nice man, who loved to tease her. The charming prince, she couldn't handle, not at all.

Suddenly, there he was, entering her room without announcement, followed by staff, taking Natalie completely off guard. She stood, only wearing shorts and a black t-shirt that was stretched across her full bust that her other clothes had hidden, and her curves. His eyes lingered over her, especially in one area. She swallowed hard, crossing her arms over her breasts, covering up. He seemed so fascinated by them like most men.

Though this was first time she had a strange tingle of excitement to frown. Normally her skin crawled. Hated been seen as some big busted girl to ogled. She hated wearing tight clothes outside her own home. She hadn't expected anyone to walk in her private rooms without announcement. She thought she would have more privacy.

Then again, perhaps had he hoped to catch her out as she had him. She hadn't been out in the open stripping down, had she? No, she was in her room, relaxing after long morning, jotting down some notes and adding questions, while he had spent hours in meeting he had postponed.

"You've been holding out on me, Natalie," he noted. Her chin jutted out, muscles tight. "I have decided your attire is totally unacceptable, if you're staying here. Since you have full access to all the palace, you would need to dress to code in our home."

"In harem clothes?" she snarled. He would do anything to embarrass her or get rid of her, she was beginning to understand. She wasn't budging, until her job was done. "I didn't realise, your highness, you had open access to my rooms?" she added dryly.

"I have access to everything at any time Natalie, as you do to mine."

Interest sparked in her eyes. "Really sire, at anytime day or night, I have access to you and your apartment?" she challenged. A slow smile curled his lips, causing her heart to skip a beat, then rush in thundering beats. Now she could see why woman flocked at his feet. "As you know I'm not always dresses as this. A man likes to relax to loosen up in his own place, so enter at your own risk."

He was baiting her again, and won as heat burned her cheeks. "Okay, as long as I can bring my camera. I'm sure the readers would love to see you all natural, relaxing after a hard day running the palace."

His smile slipped. "Be careful what you wish for Miss Natalie, you just might get more than you have bargain for."

"That's what I'm here for, to see you all bare, and exposed, showing the man behind the prince," she smiled innocently. He waved in staff behind him, carrying a outrageous amount of clothes, pointing at them. "Surely they can't be all for me?"