Chapter 26- The Whomping Willow

I wish I could say the rest of the year was as great as winning the Quidditch Cup, but because this was still SCHOOL, it wasn't. Exams came up very quickly and all we could do was study study study. IT WAS AWEFUL. Some classes I knew I would pass but since I had two 5th year classes, I had two O.W.L's this year. I'm pretty confident on Transfiguration, but I needed to study extra hard for Potions so Snape didn't have any excuse to fail me. So therefore, I stayed in the library for all my free time.

I was sitting at a table near the back trying to figure out how in word I was supposed to know where every single one of these plants was found when someone came and sat next to me. I look up to find, much to my surprise, Jennifer.

"Potions huh? I absolutely hate Snape, but I love everything to do with Potions. That's like the one O.W.L I know I'll pass. As long as he doesn't fail me out of spite or anything... haha" She smiled up at me as I gave her a shy grin back. 

"Yeah, I really like it too, but I'm not great at the memorization part. Just making the Potions and what not."

"I could always help you study if you want..?" She asked, not taking her eyes up from my textbook on the table.

"Umm..  yeah! I'd really like that actually. Thanks"

We sat there an went over all my stuff around 3 times before it was finally getting near curfew. I figured out Jennifer is freaking awesome. And her eyebrows are amazing. She was actually a huge tom boy, though I wouldn't have guessed that with the few times I had talked to her before. She also was really nice to me, though she seemed like she's be the type of person to also fight someone from just a dirty glare. Weirdly she reminded me of Lucy, except she didn't bully people. She just was one tough cookie and wasn't afraid to speak her mind. Not to mention they were both beyond gorgeous and wildly popular. Kind of the opposite of her sister who was the quiet, girly type who I couldn't really see hurting a fly. Unless she was maybe sticking up for someone, but even then. That's probably why Jennifer and Lucy didn't get along though. They were just too much alike and really clashed. Why the heck they both decided to talk to me is beyond my comprehension, but they did.

I was starting to fall asleep and thanked Jennifer for helping me, then said goodnight. Tomorrow is my huge test, so I should probably get some sleep. Though lying in bed, I couldn't help but think about the year. I still can't believe it's coming to an end. It went by pretty quickly. It wasn't the best year, I mean I tended to be in the hospital more than my own room. BUT, I finally had friends. The weirdest variety of friends mind you, but friends none the less. Even though the end of the year was coming, I knew getting to the end wouldn't be as easy as I hoped.

----------

EXAM WEEK WAS HELL

I may have passed them all? Not entirely sure at this point and honestly couldn't care less. BUT IT'S OVER. I just got out of my Divination final exam and skipped down the hall way. I finished before both Harry and Ron, so I just was walking around when I stopped in my tracks. I saw the Minister of Magic walking heading up to Dumbledore's office. There was only one reason he'd be here.. Buckbeak. I was just turning around when I ran into Hermione. We fell on the floor and I was about to tell her what I saw, but from the look on her face, that's the reason she was walking in that direction.

"We need to find Harry and Ron. Now." She nodded and we ran back in the direction of the test when we nearly ran into them while turning the corner.

I was out of breath, "Fudge......Hagrid....Buckbeak....here..." is all I could get out before they started running, Hermione and I following after. We made our way down to the side of Hagrids cabin and knocked at the door. He opened it slowly, and tried to smile when he saw it was only us.