Chapter 15- DADA with the devil

November 5th started off normal. I walked down to the Great Hall with Ginny and Hermione, followed by a stalking Percy. He always tries to be sneaky about following me, but with the way he walks, you could hear him from down the hall. The only thing new was that the Fat Lady was replaced by some numbskull knight called Sir Cadogan.  I sat next to them and George when we got there and began to eat. I went through most of my classes, nothing exciting until I got to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

I walked in and sat at the empty desk Hermione and I usually sit at that's next to Harry and Ron. Hermione had disappeared at breakfast and I haven't seen her since. This has been happening a lot lately and I have some ideas why. But any ways, I didn't see professor Lupin yet so he must be running a little late. I got my book out only to hear a snapping sound as all the curtains are put down magically. I look back to see a greasy haired man out of place. He struts to the front of the class and with no warning calls out,

"Turn to page 394."

I started flipping through my book wondering why the heck he was here. I didn't want to have to deal with him twice in one day. As I was flipping through, I saw Draco hurl something in Harry's direction. Harry caught it and when he went to open it, moths flew out of his hand. Malfoy and his friends were all snickering but shut up quickly when I glared at them.

"Excuse me sir, but, where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked Snape, not even bothering with what happened just a few seconds before. This wasn't going to end well.

 "That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say, your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Page 394." He said sarcastically as he waved the moth away from his head and making it disappear. He put all the candles out and was just about to start his slideshow when he saw Ron flicking through his book one page by another. With a flick of his wand, Ron's book turned to the correct chapter. He started his slideshow as Ron gaped down at his book

"Werewolves?" He questioned frightened.

 "But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks," Hermione stated. I nearly fell out of my chair when she said that. I looked over at her shocked. She paid me no attention, but looked at Snape for an answer.

"Quiet!" he shouted at her which came as no surprise to me. But when did she come in?

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in...?" Ron asked Harry as if answering my question to whether I was the only one who noticed this.

"Now which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a Werewolf?" he asked with no intention of calling on Hermione as her hand was raised by the second word.

"No one? How disappointing..." Snape started but was unsurprisingly interrupted by Hermione.

"Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter. Furthermore, the werewolf actively hunts humans and responds only to the call of its own kind," she stated as Malfoy made a howling noise imitating the werewolf.

  "Quiet, Malfoy! Though one must admit to feeling your pain. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" He said with no emotion in his voice what so ever.

As Hermione's face dropped, I was about to jump up and start swinging until Hermione caught me and sat me back down in the chair as Snape moved on to Harry and Ron who seemed to be his next victims.

"It's not worth it Morgan. You know all Snape wants is a reason to give you detention." I nodded, but still angry at what he had said. He has no right to say that as a teacher to a student. We walked out of the class as it was time to go, and I ran up ahead to go find Fred and George. I didn't care what Hermione says, I'm going to give Snape what he deserves.