Chapter 20- Christmas time

We all sat there not knowing what to say. We looked down at Harry who was no longer there. I knew he had put the invisibility cloak on and ran out. We quickly got up and chased after him, following the footprints in the snow. We finally got to the end where there was a rock that he must have been sitting on. Hermione started walking forward, putting her hand out to find the cloak and took it off. Harry was crying, but looked madder then I had ever seen him.

               "He was their friend. And he betrayed them. He was their friend. I hope he finds me. But when he does, I'm going to be ready. When he does, I'm going to kill him." Harry spit out before facing the ground. I looked at Hermione who shared the same worried expression I did.

-------- a few hours later...

Well, Harry wasn't really talking to anyone when we got back to the castle, but Hermione and Ron were still trying to get him to talk. I knew it was a lost cause after a while and went to go hang out in the Great Hall before dinner, I sat near the edge looking out as people were coming in. On one side of the hall was Lucy, and on the other was Jennifer. They both smiled at me, noticed the other, then glared at each other. I just let out a sigh before taking my book out to start reading. And stayed like that throughout dinner.

               I was wandering through the halls a little bit before curfew when I heard someone trying to stop crying. I went on a search to find out that it was Lucy. I went to her side and comforted her before she started to settle down.

"So what's wrong girl?" I asked sympathetically.

"My parents just told me that they were going away for vacation and that I had to celebrate Christmas here, but I didn't sign up to stay here over break so I don't really know what to do... I'll be home all by myself for break." She whispered trying to hide the true amount of pain she was really in. She looked devastated. That's when I had an idea.

"Come stay with me." I told her, knowing my parents would gladly take her in.

"What? I don't want to intrude on your family Christmas." She said, though I know she wanted to accept my offer.

"No really. You'd be fully welcomed. I'll owl my parents tonight, but I'm sure it would be fine with them. You wouldn't be intruding at all, I promise." I smiled. She returned the smile before hugging me.

"Thank you Morgan. For everything."

"No problem Lucy. It's my pleasure."

_________________

So Christmas break had started the next day, and went by way to fast. Lucy fit right into my family and I was really glad she came. I got to spend tons of time with her, my sisters, and parents. Lucy and I got a lot closer with our late night talks and what not. It was almost weird when we got back to school and didn't share a bed. The only interesting thing that happened over break was when I got a letter from Harry telling me he got a Firebolt from an unknown source and how excited he was, and another one from Hermione telling me the same thing but how she was going to turn it in and have tests on it to make sure it wasn't cursed, another letter from Harry telling me what Hermione had done, and a letter from Ron telling me how upset he was at Hermione for doing that to Harry. Needless to say, no one was talking to each other when I got back to school. It felt a little awkward when they all hugged me then went their separate ways from greeting me. I mostly hung out with Lucy that night because I really didn't want any drama, but then went to get Paige so she could spend her first night I my dorm. That's the first night her and Ginny officially met, and are now pretty much best friends. I was really happy that worked out. It's all in all been an exhausting day though, so I'm going to get to bed. Goodnight journal!