Where is she?

Before Todd got to her, Sara manged to rush to her car and start the engine, seeing him in the rear view mirror, but she didn't stop, speeding out of their driveway. She was a lot more enraged than sad, driving to see her parents or more like give a piece of her mind. 

When she arrived, she marched to the front door, twisting the door knob. Daryl was passing by at the moment, as he then stopped at the sight of his older sister, smiling at her. "Hi, Sara! I didn't know you were coming."

But she didn't return his warm greeting. "Where is she?"

"She? Where is who, sis?"

"Mother."

Frowning, Daryl shrugged his shoulders. "Um... I'm not sure. I think she's resting, as she's always tired now."

Without another word, Sara climbed up the stairs, two at a time, taking big strides to her parent's bedroom. Daryl thought it was weird and he was kind of contemplating chasing after Sara to stop her, from doing whatever she was about to do, because she looked really mad to him. 

"Sara, honey, what are you doing here?" Stevie asked with a smile, asking Lindsey to help her up off the bed.

"Don't you honey me!"

"What? What happened? Why are you so flustered?"

"YOU happened to me!"

"That is no way to be speaking to your mother, Sara." Lindsey said.

"How can you even be around her? Didn't you get my letter?"

Stevie gasped, then closed her eyes, feeling tears threatening to spill. "So, it was you then."

"Yes mother dearest, it was me." Sara faced Lindsey again. "Why are you still here, Dad? Why are you not moving out?"

"Sara, calm down please." He stood up, walking over to her. "Let us explain, okay? Let your mother explain."

"No. I do NOT want to listen to ONE word from that woman!"

Stevie was crying freely by now, no words were coming to her. Having heard the commotion, Daryl and Anna carefully approached the room, hardly understanding what was happening. Anna stepped into the bedroom first, asking.

"Why are you yelling, Sara? What's going on?"

"You shut up, you little whore!"

"Take that back!" Lindsey demanded, now going to console his other daughter, seeing as Anna stood frozen, with her mouth agape. 

"Why would I? It's only the truth." Sara shrugged. "But you don't know, you have no idea! It was me she ran to one morning, calling me, sobbing about some mistake she made."

"Sara, don't. Please!" Anna begged, reaching for her sister, only to be pushed away.

"She told you she was going to her friend, while actually some guy came to pick her up, took her to a club, bought her alcohol and then had sex with her! I quote, he didn't do anything that she wasn't willing to do herself!"

"I trusted you..." Anna cried weekly, while Stevie and Lindsey were completely shell shocked, Daryl deciding to leave them altogether. "I turned to you as my sister, I asked you to keep it to yourself. I know I've been wrong, but it was me who had to tell our parents, Sara. It was not your place." She sobbed, freeing herself from Lindsey's embrace as she ran out of the room and into hers.

"Why are you doing this?" Stevie finally managed to speak up, her eyes bloody red from tears, as Lindsey slumped down on the bed heavily, leaning forward, as he placed his elbows on his knees, rubbing his forehead. 

"Because you hurt me so much. Nobody has ever done anything like that to me." Sara said with disgust filling her voice. 

"Sara, if anything I was trying for you to have a family, for you not to have to question me, why are we different from others, why your friend is in the park with Mom and Dad and you always only have me. I wanted you to have the most wonderful father any girl could dream of. I'm sorry I hurt you so much by doing what I did." Stevie echoed Sara's words. 

"Dad? Are you going to listen to all that? Why... why aren't you mad?"

"Because I knew, Sara." Lindsey simply answered. "I chose it. It was my decision from the start. When your mother came crying to me, when she told me about you, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, that Don told her to give you up. I saw it. From the very beginning I saw how much she loved you and how much she wanted you. I was the one, I said that I will be a father to you."  

Sara didn't expect any of what Lindsey just said. "So... so you knew?"

"Yes, I did. I didn't care how you came into this world, I cared about you; about the most beautiful little girl you were and how much I loved you from your first breath that you took. You should have come to us, before doing anything on impulse like you chose to do. What were you trying to reach with sending me that letter anyway? All it did was worry and stress out your mother and that's the last thing she needs right now."

Being silent for a moment, Sara then shook her head, still not listening or at least, choosing not to hear it. "None of it excuses that you hid it from me." She said to Stevie. "You should have told me, you should have! I had every right to know!"

"Why? So this would have happened sooner? Tell me, does it change anything now that you do know? Do you all of a sudden not love your Dad anymore?" Stevie asked.

"No."

"Well then-"

"But I still want to meet the man that got you pregnant."

"NO!" Lindsey jumped. "Absolutely not!"

"You can't tell me no to that!"

"Yes, I can. He's a horrible man and you do not need him! He never even wanted you!"

"Well, but after all I am here, maybe he's changed his mind." 

"Sara, what are you going on about..." Stevie sighed, shaking her head. "What do you think will happen? You think he'll say he's sorry and that he wants to get to know you?"

"You don't know that he won't."

"I do! Sara, I do, because I know him!"

"Okay, so be it. But I want to find it out for myself." Sara said and once again, refusing to hear one more word from anyone, rushed outside.

Lindsey sat closer to Stevie, pulling her close to himself, kissing the top of her head. "I love you, it's going to be okay. Somehow, but we'll fix this."

While Stevie wasn't so sure...

~

Hi, thanks for reading and voting! I just wanted to ask if you like this story at all? Because from 200 reads I only got about 40 on my last chapter :( It would be nice if you told me if I'm wasting my time writing this.