Chapter 60

Matt's POV

I grabbed me key's and headed out to my car. Instead of moping around the house again I was going over to Zack and Sarah's. Lola and Brian would be there because we were waiting to see the results of Sarah's visit to Alex. Yesterday she'd gone and seen her and she said Alex hadn't said anything to her, nothing at all, so she was going back today to talk to her, make her talk, and I hoped it worked, I really did. Sarah had told me that Alex looked terrible, crying, not saying anything and that made my chest ache, she needed me and I should be with her, I needed her, but she'd pushed me away and we still didn't know why.

I drove over noticing when I arrived Sarah's car still wasn't here. Surely that was a good sign? Surely this time Alex would speak to her. Wouldn't she? I just didn't know. I didn't know anything anymore.

"Beer?" Zack asked as he lead me out the back to where Lola and Brian were sitting.

I shook my head. "Nah, I really don't feel like it." I guess they understood because none of them said anything about it.

"I hope Sarah hurry's." Lola said as I grabbed and seat and sat down.

I nodded, I did too. "Karen is going to see her today."

"She is?" Lola asked, looking at me.

"Yeah I went and spoke to her yesterday." I told them. "She had no idea about any of it but she was going to go over today then give me a call."

"Well that's good." Zack said.

I nodded again, yeah I guessed it was good, but it would be better if none of this had happened in the first place.

"How's everything going with the tour, the dates and stuff?" Lola asked, attempting to change the subject.

I shrugged. The album was going to be released soon and we were going to do it to coincide with a tour, we'd been planning it and admittedly, I'd been planning it including Alex, I was still including her with all of my plans.

"How's the wedding plans going?" I asked.

Lola scowled. "They're not, not without Alex."

"Yeah that's how I feel about the tour." I mumbled and she nodded, she understood.

"Zack." Sarah suddenly called from with in the house.

"Out here." He called, looking at me and raising his eyebrow's.

We both had the same thought and when I glanced at Lola she was thinking the same. Sarah hadn't been gone very long, not long enough to speak to Alex anyways.

"Oh god." She snapped, walking out the back. "I wasn't even allowed to see her today. I've been added to the list."

I shook my head, not surprised.

"But I did see Karen on my way out." She added. "Hopefully she'd have better luck than I did, because I'm telling you something isn't right."

Yeah something wasn't right. Alex wasn't with me. That wasn't right.

"FUCK." Sarah suddenly yelled and we all looked at her. Normally she was the quiet one. "I'm so fucking angry, I'm angry at the hospital, I'm angry at Alex, something is wrong, I saw her face, something is so wrong that she's pushing us all away."

"I agree." Lola said softly. "Something is wrong."

"Matt." Sarah said, turning to me. "You have to go and see her, you have to get in."

"I've tried and tried and tried, I can't."

"So what." She snapped, and honestly I was shocked at Sarah speaking like this. "You're just going to give up? Give up on her? Give up on your relationship?"

I stood up. I didn't need this shit. "No." I snapped back. "Of course I'm fucking not, but what the fuck am I supposed to do Sarah, tell me, I'd fucking love some idea's about now?"

She opened her mouth to reply when my phone interrupted us.

"Hello." I snapped into it.

"Matt?" A voice asked timidly.

"Yeah."

"It's Karen, I really need to see you."

"Did you talk to her? Would she see you?" I demanded.

"Can I come over now?" She asked.

"I'm at my friend's house but yes, yes you can." And I gave her address.

"Karen?" Lola asked as I hung up.

I nodded. "And she's on her way over, something is wrong." I could just tell from the tone of her voice.

"What?" She demanded but I just shook my head. I had no idea, I just knew something was wrong, I could just feel it. I guess when it came to Alex I just knew things, she was a part of me.

"Yeah something is wrong." Sarah snapped. "This whole thing is fucking wrong." And we all watched her get up and storm inside.

I guess we were all hurting over this.

We kind of sat there in silence as Zack got up and followed Sarah and I kind of felt a little jealous, he could go and give his girl comfort, mine wasn't allowing me too, and again, just for a second, I wondered if maybe Alex just didn't love me anymore.

"Matt." Zack called a few minutes later. "She's here and she wants to have a word with you in private."

Lola raised her eyebrow's at me as I got up and headed inside and I couldn't help but wonder what had happened, but I guess I was about to find out.

"Matt." Karen said as I walked into Zack's office, closing the door behind me.

"Did she say anything, anything at all?" I asked her straight away and I was disappointed when she shook her head.

"Not much Matt, she didn't say much at all, but something is very wrong with her, her body language told me." She looked at me. "When I went in, and yes I was allowed to go in, my name wasn't on the list, she was staring out the window, saying nothing."

"Sarah said the same."

She nodded. "Yes well, it's him, it has to be, he has some sort of hold on her, but I don't know what." She said. "When this happened, this horrible incident, did he take her somewhere, did he have her alone at any stage."

"No, not at all, Lola and I were there the whole time." I told her. "And when Lola left, I was there, they weren't alone, at all."

Are you sure?"

I looked back at her and I stopped. "Fuck."

"What?"

"I knocked him out, I ran out to get the paramedics, the police dragged me away from the house, I thought they were both unconscious, but yes, they were alone for a few minutes." And fuck why hadn't I remembered this? Of course he did something to her. He had to have.

She nodded. "Yeah that makes sense because something happened, he did something." She sighed. "Look, she's going home tomorrow, god only knows why the hospital thinks that's a good idea, her mental state is appalling, but I will be keeping a close eye on her, she is after all my patient and she need's me more than anything. But." And she looked right at me. "But I don't like the idea of her secluding herself in that house, go around, bug her, annoy her, make her talk to you Matt, make her tell you what is going on."

"Easier said than done." I mumbled.

"She need's you Matt, more than she's ever needed anyone, be there for her."

"I'm trying, I really am."

"I know." She said softly, hugging me. "I'll be in touch, we'll sort this out."

"I hope so."

I walked her to the door and watched her drive away. She was right, maybe I did need to get up in Alex's face, make her tell me what was going on, and now, now she was going home I had the perfect chance to do that.

But fuck, I felt so stupid. I could not believe that for the short amount of time those two were alone in the house he'd done something to her. I wasn't surprised, of course he took the opportunity to do something, he had to control Alex, and once again he was.

I wanted to kill the fuck.