Part 6:2

AN. I know this one is a little short, but it's all I've got ready and I'm leaving tomorrow- actually tongiht, in like three hours, so I though I could aleast give you something.

It might take a while for the next part to be posted, because I'm gone for three weeks and I'm suffering from a little writer's block right now... but hey, my writer's block in one of the chapters of Breathing was the thing that got me to start this story, so it might be a good thing!

Nothing mayor I need to warn you about in this part. Just enjoy!

***

Instead of going back to the guestroom, I found myself sitting at the top of the stairs after Liam went down. I wanted to listen to his voice, know that he was close and that he was going to protect me - no matter how pathetic and selfish that might sound.

"That doesn't even matter, John! You shouldn't have do-"

I could hear Liam clear his throat loudly, cutting my mother off in the middle of her sentence. By now, the tears streaming down my cheeks stopped being noticeable, my skin was too wet already.

"Oh, hi Liam. Did you- uhm, do you need anything?"

"No, thank you." I could practically see his polite smile. "Just wanted to come down here and let you know that the walls in this house are quite thin."

There was quite a long silence after that where I imagined my mum's hands coming up to hold her arms in an awkward stance and my dad not really showing any change in body language.

"And I would prefer it if you didn't talk about Sophie like that. Not when I'm here and especially not when she's here." Liam's tone took a more professional tone, like he didn't want to sound disrespectful to my parents, but kind of telling them off.

"Loom, Liam... I'm sorry, I-"

"It's not me you should be apologizing to. Do you realize that Sophie has to sit upstairs and listen to all of... this? And I'm pretty sure she has had to do that on more than one occasion before, alone." His voice wasn't raising and his tone didn't change at all, but he meant what he said.

Another silence followed, until my dad finally decided to speak up. "What is that?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. I couldn't see what he was aiming at.

"What do you think?" Came Liam's reply. Then light footsteps could be heard again, padding towards the stairs. "We're going to bed and all I'm asking you is that you try to be quiet."

"Of course." My mum sniffled, embarrassed, as Liam took the first couple of steps back up the stairs.

"Also, I'll probably take Sophie back to London tomorrow. I hope you understand that?" He stopped.

"I think that's a good idea." I almost didn't catch my dad's mumble.

Liam moved a little bit further up the stairs. "I bet you do." I heard him mutter, but he was nearing the top, so I guessed I was the only one that could hear it. "Well, goodnight then." And with a murmur of goodnights from downstairs, Liam rounded the top steps only to be blocked by my figure. "Sophie." He whispered, leaning down to help me up to my feet. "Let's go to the room." He wrapped an arm around my waist and held me close as he walked me to our room where he immediately closed the door behind us and laid me down on the bed. I watched him as he walked around to the other side and climbed in next to me, swiftly settling under the shared duvet and pulling me into his side.