Part Two

AN. So this is the second part of my endless one shot. I feel like I have to warn you about the angsty stuff that comes with this part, so yeah... It's not much, but it's still there.

~~ DEDICATION TO A COMMENTER! ~~

***

Months passed, quicker than I had ever remember they could. The cold breeze outside had remained, but the ground was now covered in a thick layer of white snow. Thankfully, I had gotten a pair of new winter boots for Christmas, considering Loki, Liam's dog, somehow managed to ruin my old ones.

I thanked God I didn't need them that night, though. Liam and Andy were coming over for a movie night. Their break from work had been long , but it was coming to an end already, all too soon for my liking. I only had two days left with them before they left. I felt a little sorry for them, since they had to get here in this weather. It was snowing heavily outside and the only light visible was coming from the lampposts. The sky was completely dark.

I had just finished putting the chips into a bowl and stirring the dip when my phone buzzed. I wiped my fingers off on the kitchen towel before picking it up from the counter.

Liam: Andy can't make it. He's feeling ill. He told me to apologize x

I stood there frowning for a second before my phone buzzed again and another text popped up on the screen.

Liam: We'll make do without him, babe. I'm on my way now. Besides, there's something I need to tell you  xx

My heart jumped a bit. Liam was coming over and we were going to be alone.

 It's not like I haven't been alone with him before. Of course I had! It's just I always get so nervous around him. He makes me nervous. I had admitted my feelings towards him to myself almost the second he walked out the door of that book shop four months ago. It was no way in denying it. There was something about him that made me crave to touch him all the time and I knew that I had never felt like that ever before.

Despite my constant urge to be with him, I restrained myself, often pulling away from him when I had the chance. I didn't want to ruin the way things were right now. I liked having Liam in my life, even if it was just as a friend. It was better than any kind of relationship I had ever had in the past anyway.

I carried the bowls with chips and dip, placing them down on the coffee table in front of the couch. My flat wasn't that big, kitchen and living room was mashed together, then I had a bedroom and a bathroom. Everything was pretty much squeezed together, but I liked it the way it was.

I heard the door open and close, so I turned to see Liam shrugging off his coat. He was covered in snowflakes that were melting on his warm skin and hair. He kicked off his shoes and hung his coat up before turning to face me.

"Hey Sophie!" He smiled and when he did that, I couldn't keep away.

"Li!" I lunged towards him, throwing myself onto him in a hug. How could you blame me? I was in love. He was right there. We were alone. And he was leaving in two days.

His deep chuckle vibrated through his chest, I could feel it, as his arms wrapped tightly around me. "It's nice to see you too, babe."

I eventually managed to let him go and took a couple of steps back.

"Let's just get started so we can make the best of our last night together." He suggested, smile dropping a little at the thought of him leaving.

"Yes." I sighed. We stood still for a couple of seconds. "Come on then, I've got everything ready."