Part Three

AN. Not actually any Liam in this part, but hey, most of the conversation is about Liam, so yeah. Don't you worry, my friends!

For those of you who don't know: Andy Samuels is Liam's bestfriend.

~~Spicy Xx

***

"I promised Liam I would take you out while he was gone." The tall figure in my doorway exclaimed. "So get changed, babe, 'cause we're going out!"

"It's barely noon, Andy. I hardly think any clubs are open yet." I teased, but stepped aside to let him into the flat either way.

"For your information; a lot of clubs are open for lunch." Andy shrugged as the door closed behind him. "But I'm serious, we're going out of this flat right now. I'm not even taking you to a club, so don't worry about that."

"But I was going to read today. We've started on poetics in class and I want to be prepared for the lessons, so I need to g-"

"You can do that tomorrow." He cut me off. "I could even help you if you want to, but you really need to come with me."

"But Andy, I-"

"No. Go change, I'll wait right here and we're going to have a lovely time... outside."

I protested in my head, but went to change clothes anyway. It had only been a couple of days since I'd seen Andy last. We had met randomly when I went to go grocery shopping in much need of any kind of food. It was then he had informed me of Liam's plan to make his best friend take me out of my flat.

After changing, I walked back out to the kitchen/living room to see that Andy had found my phone and keys already. When he saw me, he held them out for me to take and went to open the door.

"Just let me find my wallet, alright?" I laughed slightly at his impatience.

"No worries, babe. I've got one of Liam's credit cards." He smiled wickedly and grabbed my arm to pull me after him towards the door.

"Andy, we can't just use his card!" I protested.

He stopped to open the door. "I know, but he gave it to me so I could spend some money on you." He explained. "I mean, he would never give it to me otherwise. He probably thinks I would go crazy with it, spending his money all over the place." He said. "That's probably why he told me to just give you the card afterwards, too."

"I don't like this." I decided to ignore most of Andy's comments.

Andy pulled me fully out of the flat and grabbed the keys out of my hand to lock the door. "Well, you can't always get what you want."

We ended up just going to a coffee shop - not too far away from the little bookshop where I had first met Liam, actually. I'd never really been alone with Andy, without Liam there before, so it was kind of strange to see how he acted when his best friend wasn't around. The biggest difference had to be that he wasn't nearly as loud as he would be if Liam was there. He didn't need to raise his voice even the slightest to get my attention or make sure he would be heard over anyone else, because there wasn't anyone to overpower. That said, it don't mean that he didn't have anything to speak about, because he clearly did. It was easy to talk and get past the 'small talk'.

Halfway through the second cup of chai latte, we made it onto the subject that is: Liam.

"I realize that I don't really know that much about him." I confessed, folding my hands around the cup and feeling the warmth seep through the china and heating my palms.

"You don't need to know his entire life story, though - just to know him."

"I don't know. I feel like I should."