Part 5:2 **

AN. There's smut! Don't worry, I'll warn you when it's coming.

~~Spicy Xx

**Dedication to a commenter**

***

It might have taken a while with polite conversation and ignorance from Liam's side before he would actually see what I meant. The snarky comments between my parents he first thought was ironic or just teasing was slowly beginning to seem more and more real to him too. That the things my parents said to each other were actually true. Well, that's because they were real.

So when we were getting ready to go to sleep in the guest bedroom (because Dad had made my old room into a stay-at-home-office) I wanted to know what he thought.

"So..?" I casually asked as we had both finished everything in the bathroom and were stripping off our clothes to climb into bed.

"So..." He drawled.

"You know what I mean. My parents, what do you think?"

"They're nice." He commented while folding his sweatpants and laying them down onto a chair beside the door.

"Honestly, Liam."

"No, I mean it. They're nice."

"But..."

He sent me an agitated look. He didn't like the fact that I wanted him to say it. "But maybe not-"

"Spit it out now." I watched him with a small smile on my lips, knowing he wouldn't like to talk about my parents in any other conversation than a nice one.

"Maybe not... together?" He mumbled, looking over at me to check if he had stepped out of line.

"Hah, I told you!"

"This doesn't even bother you?" He watched me questionably as I sent a sad smile back at him.

"It's not like I didn't know it before. I mean, it kinda bothered me in the beginning, but definitely not anymore." I shrugged, slipping underneath the duvet and Liam did the same next to me after turning the lights off.

"So it's been like this for a while?" He asked, still a bit scared that he might be treading deep waters.

"Since I can remember." When he didn't make a move to pull me closer to him, I curled up against his side with my head resting on his shoulder. "But I don't want to talk more about it. Let's just sleep, yeah?" and get this awful weekend over with.

"Yeah." He turned to me and left a short kiss to my forehead. "G'night love."

That night, I found myself laying sleepless in Liam's arms. There was just something about being back home that reminded me of what used to happen there when I was younger. If Liam wasn't there, I would probably be a crying mess.

When the clock turned 4am and I still hadn't managed to get any sleep, I pried Liam's arms away from me and got out of bed carefully so I wouldn't wake him. I knew he would wake up around 8 by himself, that's when he always got up, always early. He would accidently wake me when he was leaving bed, ignoring my pleads for him to come back, and let me sleep until he needed someone to talk to, or when he thought I had to get out of bed. So I just looked around the room and found one of Liam's t-shirts and threw it on.

The steps only creaked a little underneath my feet as I walked down the stairs of my childhood home. I was a little rusty in remembering which step made noises and which didn't, but I made it down okay before setting off towards the kitchen.