25

I wake up to the morning sun shining through my window. I feel something different, something I haven't felt before - body heat. I feel the surface beneath me slowly rise up and down. I try not to jump, but then remember last night. I look up, trying not to disturb the man. I see Steve, his eyes closed. I smile and shift closer to him. I feel as if I could just drift into another sleep in his comforting arms. I listen to Steve's breathing pattern, enjoying every breath. He takes a deep breath and his eyes open.
"Good morning," I whisper.
"Do I have to get up?" he smiles.
"No," I say, lifting my head to look him in the eyes.
"Good," he says, pulling me closer to him.
"That's the best I've slept in a really long time," I confess.
"Me too."
"Is it bad that I asked you to stay?"
"Not at all," he says. "It made us both better."
"I never want this moment to end," I whisper.
"Me either."
I take in his scent and sigh. Steve plays with my hair, which is now out of its ponytail. His fingers run through my hair, delicately and smoothly. He twirls it around his finger and lets it spring up.
"I wonder how long Fury was here," Steve ponders.
"I don't know," I say. "Maybe an hour?"
"I'll ask the others later."
"Thank you," I state randomly.
"For staying here?"
"Yeah, you made me feel safe."
"Anything for you," Steve whispers.
"I can only imagine Tony walking in here right now." I grin.
"That would be my nightmare."
I laugh softly. "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, Tony seeing us. I mean, he might freak out, but he'll be happy in the end."
"And I'll be dead on the floor,"
I laugh. "What time is it?"
Steve turns his head to my nightstand, where my alarm clock is.
"9:30."
"Yikes, we've been asleep for a while."
"It's okay," Steve says. "Yesterday was an odd day."
     "Considering the fact that a random chick was hitting on you, we went into a H.Y.D.R.A. base in cloaks, a H.Y.D.R.A. agent was in our home, it was definitely an interesting day." I say. 
     "If I could only put my nervousness into words," Steve laughs. "That girl was freaking me out."
     "Me too," I growl, recalling Claudia's attitude and appearance.
     "You were jealous, weren't you?" Steve asks.
     "No..."
     He raises an eyebrow, persuading me to tell the truth.
     "Maybe a little,"
     "You were fuming," Steve giggles.
     "Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't."
     "Actually, I found it kind of cute."
     My eyes light up. "Really?"
     "Yeah," he smirks. "I mean, you were willing to do anything to get her away from me."
     I blush. "You have a point."
     I hear laughing coming from the hallway. Steve and I look at each other with confusion. I leave Steve's arms and peek out my door. I hear four voices: Tony, Bruce, Clint, and Natasha.
     "-they're adorable!" Tony squeals.
     "I knew it!" Natasha exclaims. "I knew they'd get together!"
     "It was kinda obvious," Clint states. "Steve clearly has the hots for Tori."
     "Tori is really nervous when she's around him." Bruce says.
     "And they were so cute when they walked out of the kitchen yesterday with their faces covered in flour and frosting." Tony says.
     "They looked so happy," Bruce says.
     "We only saw the aftermath of the intruder incident last night." Clint reminds the other men.
     "Yeah, wasn't it cute though?" Natasha asks.
     "He really lo-" Clint is cut off by J.A.R.V.I.S..
     "Sir, you have a call." the computer says to Tony.
     "Cancel it," Tony mutters. "We have more important matters to discuss."
     "But sir, it is highly important."
     "I said cancel it, J.A.R.V.I.S.."
     "Yes sir."
     The computer silents itself and everyone continues their conversation about Steve and I.
     I quietly shut the door and look at Steve. He stands in the middle of the room, his eyes wide.
     "Hear all that?" I ask him.
     He nods slowly, and crosses his arms.
     "Yeah, I'm staying in here." he says.
     "C'mon, Steve," I say, taking him by the arm.
     I drag him out of my room and stomp into the kitchen. Everyone stops everything, gazing at us. Most cover their smiles with a hand, trying to keep their awing in.
     "Good morning?" Bruce says.