6

The large room is a ruckus. The sound of metal and grunts fill the sweat stenched room. Arrows wiz by my ear, guns go off, everything that I expect.
"Tori, I could use some help here." Tony says through the earpiece.
He flies past me, H.Y.D.R.A. agents clinging to him. I shoot a few agents off of him, letting them fall to the ground. The large room is empty and gray, corridors branching from it. The floor is cement and the walls are, as well. None of the agents even notice me, although I'm standing in the middle of the battle. My heart begins to feels heavy - guilty, even.
"Steve, are you okay?" I ask into my earpiece.
"I'm perfectly fine," Steve's soothing voice fills my ears. "The agents just arrived. But, are you?"
"I'm okay," I say. "But, the others need help."
"On my way." he says.
I sigh of relief and attack more agents. They all are wimps, not even attempting to throw a punch at me. Tony eventually gets a hold of
himself. He blasts heavily armed agents like he can do it in his sleep. It seems like the blink of an eye when Steve arrives to help.
"Spangles!" Tony exclaims.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm here." Steve groans.
He throws his shield, hitting a H.Y.D.R.A. agent in the chest. Clint shoots arrows from above, Natasha uses her acrobatics on agents, Bruce gives us information that echoes in our ears, and Tony - he's being Tony. Steve and I cooperate together to stop agents from reaching the others. I toss his shield back to him every once and a while and he shouts commands so that I don't get my head chopped off by a crazy agent swinging around a machete. Yeah, that actually almost happens.
By the time that Clint takes down the last agent, S.H.I.E.L.D. agents help with the bodies. I pant lightly as I gather with the Avengers. We all huddle together, asking each other if anyone was hurt. And by we, I mean Steve mainly asking me. Thankfully, no one had a scratch on them.
"Anyone hurt?" a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent asks us.
We all look at each other to double check.
"Nope," I say. "We're all fine."
The agent nods and scurries away. All of the agents shout commands and ask each other questions. I see something from the corner of my eye near a corridor. Steve, who is standing in next to me, raises an eyebrow. My eyes widen when I see a H.Y.D.R.A. agent holding a gun, pressing the trigger to shoot Steve.
"Steve, look out!" I scream.
I turn and push him to the ground, landing on top of him. The bullet flies past us, right where Steve's head was, then into a wall. Everyone stares at the bullet, then at us. An agent shoots the attacker in the heart, killing him. Chest to chest, Steve and I lay on each other, me on top. I stare into his blue eyes and stares into my brown ones.
"Ahem," Tony coughs to catch our attention.
"Oh," I say, getting out my trance. "I-I'm so sorry."
I try to get off of him, but gravity is just not on my side today.
"You just saved my life!" Steve exclaims. "You can't possibly feel sorry."
I laugh nervously and step up. He does the same, staring at me with astonishment. The Avengers look back on forth at Steve and I, trying to comprehend what just happened.
"He's right," Natasha pipes up. "You just saved his life."
"If you hadn't pushed him," Clint says. "There would be a bullet in his head."
I glance at Tony nervously. He lifts his shoulders in defeat.
"You did save him," he says. "That's the truth."
I look around, realizing that it wasn't just the Avengers that saw the incident. The entire chaotic room changes to a silent one. I laugh again and stand there awkwardly.
"It was an instinct," I mumble. "Nothing special."
"Are you serious?" an older agent says. "That's the most selfless thing I've seen in years!"
     The agents murmur and I stare at them, almost speechless. "I-I don't think that I did anything that special. That's what Steve and I do, we save each other."
     "Are you crazy, woman?" Tony says, seizing my shoulders and shaking me. "You just saved Captain America. You're a hero!"
     I bite my lip. I wrangle myself from Tony and walk away from the cheering agents. Covering my face with my hand, I leave the room without looking back.