5. Kiss Me Slowly

Oh, I'm not sure what this is gonna be,

But with my eyes closed all I see

Is the skyline, through the window,

The moon above you and the streets below.

Hold my breath as you're moving in,

Taste your lips and feel your skin.

When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly.

**

I stepped back, the mans crooked smile setting me on edge. I was about to fall over and if I had one more scare I swear to everything good I would have a mental breakdown.

"So Babe," his slow voice began. I attempted to shut the door, his voice jammed into it, causing it to stay open. "What're you doing here?" It was hard to deny his Irish accent but it only caused me to think of Niall, Kiara's boyfriend and wonder how she was doing.

"A-Ashton!" I called out in a shaky voice, titling my head slightly but keeping my eyes trained on the man in the doorway. He came through the bedroom door shirtless and his joggers were slung low on his hips, making him have a rough sexy look with his hair a complete mess. Haha looks like-

"Did you fuck her!" The guy laughed, but it wasn't filled with humor. "We'll, never thought you had it in you, Ash. I'm proud."

"What do you want, Adrian?" He groaned, latching a hand onto the doorframe. I stood behind Ashton, close enough to see the guy towering above his height.

"You know what I want, Irwin." He said matter-of-factly. "Hand her over." I felt a chill run up my spine as I stepped closer to Ashton, my small fist resting in the middle if his back. I couldn't help notice all the scars on his back, raised, jagged lines going from one side to the other, stopping just above his kidney and starting at his shoulder blades. They were scattered around the area but in the end, if you traced them together, made an upside down V on his back.

The thought made me think about an article I had read on fallen angels. How they had been striped of their wings for falling in love with a human and were left with an upside down v scar as a reminder of their lost ability to fly.

And in turn, made me think Ashton was kinda like a guardian angel. Vowing to protect me.

I gave a soft smile at the thought and was jerked backed into reality and Ashton's low voice rumbling through his back, his whole entirety tense.

"Your not taking her." He growled.

"Ill take what I want, Irwin. Move." I shivered at his tone but didn't move.

"Get the fuck off my porch." Ashton snapped, attempting to slam the door the same way that I did. His foot came in he pushed the door open, causing Ashton to fall back and push me back as well.

"Run!" He screamed. I stared at the sight before me; the door was slightly broken at the top, a small crack catching my eye. Ashton jumped at Adrian and they toppled to the floor. Punches were thrown and soon, Ashton was almost unconscious, lying on the floor beneath a panting man. (That didn't come out right ignore my dirty mind but if you thought about it that way haha we must be family.) he turned towards me, breathing coming in short puffs.

"Run, Riley." His voice was soft. I stood my ground, the scene in front of me too frantic to move. "RUN!"

I nodded, skimming down the hallway and to the bedroom. I locked the door, making sure he couldn't open it by placing a chair under the doorknob, jamming it. I heard heavy footsteps coming down the hall and I ran, jumping into the closet and shutting the doors. There were cracks in it so I could see what he was doing if he got in.