4. Run Daddy Run

Hey guys! I'm at the lake and I'm really bored so I figured that maybe I could do some writing and post it when I get home. I don't have any I Internet connection so this will be posted when I'm already home. Thanks guys!

(Plus I write on my iPod bc my computer is f*cked up. Enjoy though!)

**

Daddy can you hear

The devil drawing near,

Like a bullet from a gun,

Run daddy run...

- Pistol Annies and Miranda Lambert, ' Run Daddy Run'.

**

"So, Riley. Tell us about yourself." I looked around the room at the four boys who I quickly came to learn was named Luke, Michael, Callum and of course my favorite, (note the sarcasm), Ashton.

"Well, what'ya wanna know?" I asked, taking a sip of the soda that was handed to me.

"Anything." Callum said.

"Everything." Ashton leaned in to whisper in my ear. I flushed, felling the heat rise to my cheeks. He chuckled and pulled away.

"W-well, I'm 19, I was born in Ireland, moved to London when I was 3, been in 11-" I stopped myself before I could continue with that. "Nevermind, I..uhm..." I was given confused looks by the boys who were gathered around me but I shrugged it off, not caring really.

I looked over at Ashton who was staring at me intently. I smiled, taking another sip of the soda. He sighed heavily and broke the awkward silence that filled the room.

"So, boys." He looked around at them. They all sat, awkwardly staring at anything but the male that was talking to them. He sighed again.

"Leave." I heard a chorus of 'ohs' and 'okay's around the room and chuckled breathily. Michael walked over to me and took my hand, pressing his lips to it firmly. I blushed, looking down.

"It was nice meeting you, Riley." He whispered and dropped my hand.

"You too, Michael."

"I'll see you guys later, I guess?" Luke commented, putting on his jacket and his shoes. I didn't hear a reply as I got up and went to the kitchen. I heard two pairs of footsteps behind me and I turned, seeing Luke and Callum behind me.

"It was a pleasure meeting you." Callum hugged me, causing me to laugh. Luke did the same and soon they were out the door.

I walked back into the living room and to the door where the hall to the front door is. Ashton was standing there, having a hushed, and intense conversation with Michael. He turned once he heard me and pushed Michael through the door. He pointed at him.

"Remember what I told you." He scolded and I sighed, knowing what the conversation was about. I waved at Michael and his right eye dropped into a wink. I blushed and heard Ashton slam the door, anger evident in his face. I flinched at the sound and gripped onto the door frame, shaking slightly.

"Ashton?" He pushed past me and walked to the kitchen, huffing and mumbling under his breath, I sighed, turning and following him.

"What is with you?" I snapped. He faced the wall, gripping the counter to the point his knuckles were white.

"Nothing." He mumbled and i saw his back muscles tighten through the thin white material of his shirt.

My feet padded over to him, hoisting myself on the counter next to him. He looked over at me out of the corner of his eye and looked down, avoiding my eye contact.