2. Meeting The Dark

Where are you and I'm so sorry

I cannot sleep I cannot dream tonight

I need somebody and always

This sick strange darkness

Comes creeping on, so haunting every time

And as I stared I counted

The webs from all these spiders

Catching things and eating their insides

Like indecision to call you

And hear your voice of treason

Will you come home and stop this pain tonight

Stop this pain tonight

By that band that I can't really think of ;)

**

I stopped, looking petrified as the man gripping me chuckled. Ashton ceased his movements as he felt the gun press to his head.

"Get up, Ash." He said in a mocking tone. Ashton stood to his feet, turning around to face me an my captor.

"Beating up Jake?" He said, making a clicking noise with his tongue. "Bad move." I heard more footsteps and I saw two men grip his arms, a man taking hold of me, crossing my arms behind my back preventing me from escape. I looked on from the side as the man circled the younger, obviously waiting for the right moment to strike.

Ashton's gaze was on the floor, a sad but hard look pressed into his features. I saw his eyes lift to mine, deep hazel stares into blue as we locked eyes. I shrieked as the man circling him delivered a blow to his stomach, causing him to double over.

"You should know Ashton!" He laughed and shouted at the same time. He leaned down to his level as he writhed in pain, eyes screwed close. "You don't do that to people of higher power."

"Let her go." His voice was barely audible, making it hard to catch his sentence from my distance. But I did.

"What was that?" He laughed, cupping his ear.

"Let her go!" Ashton shouted, looking down with a hardened expression. "She didn't do anything." His voice was quieter now, softer than a second ago. "She doesn't deserve to sit here and watch me get beat up for nothing."

The man smiled, looking over to me with a crooked grin.

"What's your name, baby?" He purred as his hand came up and grazed my cheek. I wriggled in the mans grasp, fighting to get free.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I snapped. I shrieked as I felt a stinging pain across my cheek, my head jerking to the side.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Ashton screamed at him. "WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO HIT A WOMAN?!"

"Now tell me again," he said, completely ignoring Ashton's screams and threats. "What's your name baby?"

"R-Riley." I muttered, keeping my satire at the floor.

"Well, Riley." He smiled. "Seems as if we have a problem, doesn't it?" I kept looking over to Ashton, his face red from anger and I could tell he was trying to wriggle out of the men's grasp. I remained quiet, and when he didn't hear an answer he grabbed my hair, pulling my head back. I screamed out in pain.

"DOESN'T IT?!" He screamed in my face, making me flinch.

"Y-yes." I cried, relief washing through my body as his grip loosened. The tears were streaming freely down my face.

"You son of a bitch." Ashton cursed lowly. "When I get a hold of you..." He promised.

"Ashton just stop." I whispered, everyone's eyes locked on me. I tried to get out the words. "Please, just let us go." I pleaded.