Chapter 32 - Sabaody Archipelago

Spotting the notorious Groves of the Archipelago in the far distance approaching brought a sense of dread. This place wasn't exactly the ideal spot for someone such as myself, in fact anyone who remotely stood out in a crowd was better off never stepping foot near such a place. Besides the fact that we were so close to a Navy base, this island was a pirate magnet, the worst and most despicable of characters crowding around, sulking around the dark corners in wait for an opportunity. 

"We're approaching the island!" Zoro shouted over the intercom from the Crow's nest, for once taking his watchman duty seriously. Everyone ran out to get their first view of the islands, gasping in awe at the uniqueness of the archipelago's appearance, with the multi-coloured bubbles floating towards the sky and the large trees with roots running down to the bottom of the ocean bed. The sight didn't instil an ounce of wonderment, for its sight only reminding me of the horror stories I'd heard about this place. It was a wonder how the locals dealt with such an environment, where my only thoughts lingered to how I could get as far away from this place as possible.

"Lana, is anything the matter?" Robin asked, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I hummed in acknowledgement of her worry, explaining some of the anxiety that the islands installed.

"It's just this place, it doesn't sit well with me. I just get this feeling that something bad is going to happen" I sighed, flopping down onto the deck with my gaze lingering on the clear sky, knowing there was still a while before we docked. Robin only patted my shoulder in a show of camaraderie, before choosing to leave me to my own devices. 

After a while of me brooding on the wooden floor, my sunlight was blocked by a looming figure, and when I angled my head to see who it was, I was met with Zoro's brown eyes peering down at me in amusement. He'd still refused to put on a shirt which wasn't strange for the man, and with the long scar that marred his chest, he only seemed to give off a charming and laidback aura. What was even more frustrating about the man, was his lack of awareness to the effect he had on others. 

"Exactly what is it you're doing?" Was Zoro's smart remark, and I so kindly flipped him off as my response. He chuckled, before sitting beside me, his swords propped against the nearby railing. 

"I don't like this place" I stated with a pout, closing my eyes to try and block out the racket Luffy and Usopp were making down on the lower deck. It didn't help that Franky and Brook had decided to join in on the idiocy below, making them rowdier than normal which one could argue if it was even possible.

"What's the issue?" I sat up slightly, leaning back on my elbows to look up at Zoro, spotting the obvious confusion at my negative hunch.

"Are you honestly telling me that you don't know what this place is famous for?" I was only answered with an even more confused glare. I sighed in frustration, half giving up on expecting any of these guys knowing anything. I half wondered how they had gotten this far in their journey, but I had long pegged it down to luck. 

"Slavery. This place is famous for its auction houses. Anything and everything alive that the slave traders deem valuable are kidnapped and sold at this place" I pointed at the island that was quickly becoming clearer as we approached. Zoro's eyebrows furrowed at the words, turning to look at the crew who walked about without a worry.

"Why haven't you told anyone?" I tilted my head and nodded at Robin.

"I think Robin's got that covered, but I was going to debrief everyone before we land. Besides, I'm more worried about Keimi and Hatchan. Fishmen and Merpeople are quite valuable, but they seem to be aware of the dangers that come with this place. Chopper is going to have to be paired up with someone as well, it wouldn't be wise to have him running of alone either" Zoro nodded in understanding, and it was then we felt the ship docking, Franky announcing our arrival.