Chapter 27 - Life Without a Shadow... & More

You guys you have no idea how thankful I am for all the support and love you've shown me and this fanfiction, it really does mean a lot. It feels like I haven't written one of these author notes in so long but the reason for that was because I wasn't updating as quick as I wanted and I just wanted to get right into the story for you all.

Don't forget to comment cause I love hearing what you have to say :)

---------------------------------------

Third Person's POV

Sanji, Zoro and Luffy, who had long been dubbed as the monster trio of the crew, woke up with a start. They'd found themselves knocked out and sprawled across the deck of the Sunny, how they got there was still a mystery to them, but when Usopp had claimed that a 'beautiful lady swordsman has just arrived with a tonne of meat', they where quickly knocked out of their comatose states.

They remained confused as to what was going on, though at the sight of Usopp, who to their knowledge had been missing, was a welcoming sight. As they were caught up to speed on what was going on, they remained oblivious to their fourth missing companion, who laid unconscious further away from the chaos. 

"Have you all found Lana?" Zoro muttered, realising that Usopp and Franky, who had explained the situation to the best of their ability, had yet to mention the missing brunette. They both sighed in anguish, not knowing how to break the news to the remaining crew.

"She's still knocked out over there, but first", Usopp moved to the side to shield her body from their sights, stopping the three from seeing the state the girl was in, "there's something you all should know" he continued, rubbing his forehead in frustration, realising their was no easy way of explaining what had happened. The three were becoming frustrated with the roundabout way Usopp was using to explain, but as he began to divulge into the full story, their frustration and confusion faded into resentment and rage.

"That's not all though. When Lana had her shadow taken, there was a slight side effect. One of the zombies has explained it when Nami, Chopper and I found her in this state" he finally turned with a short sigh, leaving them to see the state their strategist was left in. Zoro shot up, his legs still numb from sleep but couldn't find it in himself to care when his stomach turned as he rushed forward. He dropped down beside the still unconscious brunette as the others moved to join him, pushing aside a few strands of hair that had obscured her face from view.

"The zombie said it was rare, but sometimes a person's abilities are linked with their shadow. If their shadow was stolen by Moria, so would that particular ability. For Lana, it was her sight" Usopp's voice cracked, his tears pouring down as he regarded the brunette before him. Lana was laid out on the cold deck with bandages wrapped around her head, hiding her eyes from the world.

Lana's POV

The first thing that I could register when I came to was the crisp bandages that covered my eyes, leaving everything in darkness. I could make out hushed whispers, their voices not loud enough for me to figure who was speaking.

"Lana, are you awake?" Usopp's words were raspy, as if he had just been crying. My focus wasn't on him however, reaching forward to grasp the rough bandages concealing my eyes. I moved to sit up, the gesture difficult what with my hands to grabbing at the bandages. The nauseating thoughts that followed were hard to contain, realising that no matter which way the bandages were moved, no rays of light were flashing across my vision, my surroundings remaining as dark and blank  as to the creeping shadows at night. I turned to the general direction of where I had placed Usopp to be, my hands dropping to rest at my side in hopelessness. 

"I can't see, can I?" I asked, my voices drained of emotion with the realisation. I had suspected something had gone wrong before I'd fell into darkness, when Moria had brought out those gigantic scissors, severing the tie between my struggling shadow and I. I had felt something more was torn away, only now realising what it was.