Chapter 28 - Unleashing Rage

The perception of space with the Observation Haki ability was a little disjointing, leaving me to try and grab objects around me to see if what I was seeing was really there. Low and behold, as I reached for the door handle, the curved metal was easy to grasp and hold. Pulling at the handle, the outside world took me a moment longer to get used to, what with everything appearing in either a pale blue or black colouring.

As I disembarked from the Sunny, running down the worn path to where the crumbling castle held my battle-weary crewmates, my field of vision so to speak was certainly widened. It was shocking as even the smallest ant crawling into its hole in the ground was clear as daylight, something that wouldn't have been payed any mind to on a normal day. The only thing that was beginning to become more irritating as time passed was the ease at which inanimate objects were overlooked with this ability, as the boulders that littered the ground seemed to be so hell-bent on tripping me over making my journey to my friends all the more tedious. 

As I approached the castle, the auras and figures of both Moria's people and the Straw hats were becoming clearer, and a image of a large big blue zombie that could be seen overlooking the surrounding scenery could only mean one thing. It seemed Moria has successful cut Luffy's shadow away, as the life force emanating from the large creature radiated a similar energy to our Straw-hat captain. Whilst I should have been worried, seeing Luffy's small figure  alive and kicking was reassuring enough that he was well. 

Can handle it my ass, you probably got an ass-whopping.

Running head first through the thick foliage of the forest and into the opening where the battle has taken place showed just about everyone collapsed on the ground, with only some weakly moving about as others remained motionless. The only thing that was reassuring was that their figures still glowed a bright blue, only hoping that meant they were still alive, albeit severally injured. 

"Lana, what are you doing here?!" Usopp shrieked, clearly taken aback from my sudden appearance. It wasn't difficult to point him out from the blue figures, what with his weirdly shaped nose making an appearance as well as his loud voice. His exclamation drew the attention of the others, who I could only offer a sheepish wave. A few familiar voices grumbled in protest, but they weren't in much of a position to argue. With the blindfold still concealing my unseeing eyes, I turned to face the giant zombie creature, who appeared to be controlled by a cackling Moria.

"Don't worry, I've come to help. I'm not completely useless, yet" The creature, Oars, looked down, tilting his head to the side in confusion. I would have to make fun of Luffy later, what with the obvious lack of intelligence his zombie shadow seemed to show. 

"Huh? Who are you?" He asked dumbly, his voice a slow drawl as sharp canines slurring some of his words. He hadn't yet swung his weapon, but his hands hadn't left the handle of the giant club. Whilst he was large, he appeared slow which gave me the advantage of being faster. 

"Your worst nightmare"

Usopp's POV

The smile Lana gave was frightening, with the blindfold still covering her eyes, her manic grin was the first thing you could focus on. Before I could register what was happening, she'd bent down and leaped into the air with such speed that we lost sight of her, only for her to reappear a second later near Oars' head.

She swung her hands in a pulling motion and a huge amount of water flew towards her from all around us, forming a large wave that shadowed the entire area. With a flick of her hands, the water turned into a large fist of ice, smashing into his skull and causing him to stumble before plummeting to the ground. All of this happened within a blink of an eye, making it almost impossible to see. She landed back on the ground with a hard crash, the ground around her rumbling and cracking though she didn't look fazed by the carnage she'd created.