Chapter Three

"Guh! What happened last night?" Chrissie opened one eye, whilst feeling terrible, as she squinted at Kelly, who had just opened the door to her brother Billy's bedroom.

"You got very drunk," Kelly replied, "So when we got home, I thought it was best you stay here overnight, and sleep in Billy's room."

"I was that bad, was I?" Chrissie frowned now running a hand through her brown tousled hair, and now attempting to sit up.

"Can you remember anything from last night?" Kelly then asked with a grin as she sat down on the bed next to her.

"I do remember drinking a lot, I thought we were having a good time," Chrissie's brow creased in concentration as she tried to recall the night before more clearly in her mind.

"We were," Kelly agreed, "Then you decided you would just slip of somewhere with a certain soldier called Craig," she then reminded her.

Chrissie's eyes widened in dismay, as the name brought back certain memories,

"Oh God yes"!" she exclaimed in realisation, "What on earth did I do?"

"Hopefully not very much," Kelly informed her, "Luckily I found you with him, and dragged you away, that's when I decided it was time to get you home."

"Oh no," Chrissie physically cringed, as she vaguely recalled bits and pieces from the night before,"I remember going outside with him, and I think I might have kissed him just before you came along, but how did you know where to find me?" she then demanded.

"His mate, Danny had an idea where Craig would sneak of to, it seems its where he takes all the girls he hits on" Kelly said.

"Danny, was the guy you spilt the drink over, if I am right?" Chrissie now said, "The last thing I remember you were up dancing with him, you seem to be getting on pretty well too," she then eyed Kelly with a sly smile.

Kelly had the grace to shift uneasily, and she was unable to meet Chrissies questioning look.

"Did my drunken antics spoil the night between you two? I am sorry," Chrissie then apologised.

"Don't be daft, there wasn't anything to spoil," Kelly told her dismissively, "he only asked me for a dance in a way, to make up to him for spilling his drink over him, there wasn't anything else going on."

"Oh?" Chrissie replied sounding slightly surprised, "I thought he seem to really liked you the way he was eyeing you up, and smiling at you. Didn't he ask to see you again?"

Kelly squirmed, "Well not exactly, though he did ask for my phone number," she found herself admitting.

"So I am right, he is interested in you, did you give him your number?" she then demanded,

"Well I didn't give it to him, but you did," Kelly replied frowning.

"Huh? I don't remember that," Chrissie looked bewildered , "You know I wouldn't do it without it being alright with you," she then added.

"Its ok, I guess Danny took advantage of you in your drunken state. When I went in to tell Tracy that I had phoned the Taxi to take you home, I left Danny looking after you, I think he made out that I was going to give him my phone number, which I suppose was half true, only I think he implied I had forgotten to do it, so he asked you what it was." Kelly then explained.

"I see, and because I was drunk, and didn't have a clue, I just assumed it was true, and blabbed your number to him" Chrissie realised in slight dismay.

"Yeah, I didn't even know about it until we were getting into the taxi," Kelly said in a grievous tone, "and then he happened to mention that it was ok if I had forgotten to give him my phone number, because he had asked you for it instead, and that he would be in touch soon"