Chapter 34 (mature)

[A/N]: Last chapter before the epilogue, my good people! I know this came as a bit of a surprise... but everythings good! They've got their baby back! Alrighteh! Now this chapter is dedicated to FoodismyBFF for drawing me the cute multimedia! :D Thank you all for sticking with me through all these three books!

A month and a half later

[Louis' P.O.V]

"Niall, do not drop her," I heard Harry warn, and I poked my head out of the kitchen, scanning the living room. I spotted who I was looking for in Niall's arms. The tiny baby in her purple jammies, a white baby headband with a bow placed on her fuzzy head. 

"I haven't once dropped Baxter!" Niall defended, and I heard Liam make a guffawing sound.

He was sat in the recliner, feeding Baxter a bottle, "So you totally didn't almost leave him by himself on the changing table the other day?"

"Niall!" I gasped, a tad teasingly. "You left a baby on the changing table?" 

"To get a nappy that was like... four feet away!" Niall defended. 

"Give me back my Feenna!" Harry demanded, holding his arms out for our baby. 

Niall sighed, but handed her over. Lucy was sitting on the back of the recliner above Liam, staring down in confusion and slight disgust at Baxter. Although Baxter was part dog, she didn't quite hate him like she hated Niall. Fionna, however, she seemed to adore. Or maybe she just like brushing her head against the baby's. We didn't exactly allow that, however, and we made sure Fionna and Lucy were never in the same room alone. Then again, Fionna was never without Harry or I ever since the Ella incident. But we didn't like talking about that.

"Finished the dishes, finally," I chuckled, exiting the kitchen doorway and moving to reach for Fionna.  

She was gazing up at Harry, and he was cooing down to her, "Hello, beautiful baby! Such lovely eyes... soft ears!"

I pressed a kiss to Harry's cheek, resting my head on his shoulder to look at Fionna. She kicked her feet excitedly, her face lighting up in a gummy smile. She'd been smiling since she was a month old, but I still felt all warm and fuzzy that she would smile just at the sight of me

Harry laughed, "Oh yes! Feenna loves her daddy!" 

I remembered the first time she'd smiled. It had been at Harry, and he was cooing and talking to her while I prepared her bottle. I brought it over to her, and he looked up at me, grinned, and then looked back down at Fionna. When he looked at her again, the cheesiest baby grin broke out on her face. Harry had given a slight gasp of surprise, and then we'd promptly burst into happy tears. However, that upset her and she started crying as well. 

We automatically recorded it into the baby book my mum had gotten us. She'd thrown us a baby shower that was tad late, but welcomed none the less. Harry and I were probably a bit too obsessed with writing down every little thing Fionna did in the book, taking picture after picture, but she was our first baby, our only baby, and we loved her with all our hearts.

"What a beautiful smile!" I gushed to her. Ever since she'd been born, I'd become pro at baby talk. "You've got your dada's dimples!" 

"What dimples, her cheeks are too chubby for dimples!" Niall laughed. 

"Her cheeks are not too chubby! They're the perfect amount of chubby," I disagreed. "Look, there's two dimples exactly where Harry's are. In fact, she just... she's like a little baby girl version of Harry.

"No, have Daddy's nose, don't you baby?" Harry cooed. "His soft brown hair..."

She finally got impatient with something, and she gave a loud gurgle, her face changing from her adorable smile to a look of frustration. Harry handed her over, laughing at the tiny little girl. She squirmed happily once I took her from Harry, holding her carefully under her tiny arms but still supporting her little head with my fingertips. She could very well hold up her head, but it still made me a tad nervous.