Chapter 33

[A/N]: Elsie is tired, man. Tired. This chapter is dedicated to Caput_Draconis for making the wicked awesome poem that I shall add at the end of this chapter!

[Zayn's P.O.V]

The house was in flames, and everyone was standing motionless, completely horrified. The rescue mission had failed, Ella had blown up the house anyway with a good chance of the baby being inside. Louis had gone completely white, standing in shock and clutching an unconscious Harry to his chest. The younger lad had fainted the moment the house exploded, which was probably the best thing for his sanity since if he was awake he'd be sprinting for the house. Then again, I figured Louis would be doing that as well, but the boy was merely staring with a blank expression at the flames that were engulfing the house. 

Jay was talking in desperation to a few of the guards, and then she sprinted back down the long driveway to call the fire department and wave them towards the house once they arrived. A few soot covered guards stumbled around from the back, coughing and wheezing. Chris started to hurry towards them, but I caught his arm, "Don't get too close to the house..." 

"I'm seeing if... Lucca, the baby..." 

"My baby?" Louis wheezed quietly, and my gaze snapped towards him. 

His knees were trembling, but his grip tightened on Harry. He was subconsciously making sure the boy didn't fall even if he was about to completely go mental himself. I held a comforting hand out towards him, "Lou, mate, we're... don't automatically assume that-" 

"The house exploded..." Louis gurgled. "W-was... my t-tiny little Kitten, was she inside?" 

"We don't know that," Zayn pointed out. 

The guards were mumbling something to Chris, shaking their heads, and Louis used his head to motion to them since his arms were full of a curly haired boy, "W-what are they saying?! Zayn, Harry's and my baby..."

Chris nodded to the guards, returning to our side, "Um... the guard came out. Without the baby."

"Oh God," Louis moaned, sinking slowly to the ground with Harry and pulling the still unconscious boy to his chest. 

"So Lucca went in, cause he was angry and he... he was looking for the baby and... Lucca didn't come out." 

"No!" Louis cried out brokenly, and then he was sobbing into Harry's curls. "That's not fair! O-Our baby w-was only two weeks old three d-days ago, sh-she can't be-" 

"Louis?" Harry whimpered from the boy's arms, and I winced. He wasn't going to handle the fire covered house well. 

"We don't really know anything yet, Harry, so-" Chris tried to soothe. 

However, Harry bolted up, "House! B-Baby, i-is safe, out?! Where i-is she?!" 

"Nobody got her out," Louis sobbed. "Our poor little baby girl, she-" 

"What?!" Harry shrieked, scrambling away from Louis shakily and trying to stand. "Is n-not lost, cannot be Harry n-needs h-her!" 

"Kitten-" Louis reached for him, but Harry attempted to bolt towards the firey house. 

Louis was on his feet in an instant, but I already lunged forward and flung my arms around the boy, who let out a squall and flailed at me, "L-Let g-go of Harry! H-His baby-" 

Louis tugged the lad away from me and into his grasp, hugging him to his chest tightly. He wasn't trying to calm Harry, simply sobbing brokenly into his curls and stroking at the place where I knew his flattened ears would be.