Chapter 6: Magic

A/N: I've been spacing the updates because I actually haven't written a new chap yet and it's bad!  >.< Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You Bested Me

Captain Swan Shipper! © All Rights Reserved Fanfiction4fun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6: Magic

“It’s magic, you know never believe, it’s not so.”-Pilot

            A small, prideful smirk escaped Emma’s lips. By the looks on everyone’s faces she had successfully fooled them, which in turn fooled Cora. “Okay guys, you can pick your chins up off the ground and put your eyes back in your sockets,” she teased.

            “Well played, Swan.” Hook’s voice held a certain tone. There was a hint of hurt still echoing in his words.

            Emma’s expression slightly dropped. She could see in his eyes, she wasn’t entirely off the hook. (No pun intended).

            “Yes, very smart tactic,” Mulan agreed.

            “That’s my daughter. Once a Charming, always a Charming,” she bumped her shoulder to Emma’s. “Although, I wish you would have let me in on the trick.”

            “It would’ve been less convincing. Plus, I wanted to make sure none of you got hurt.” Emma pointed to the sky. “It’ll be sunset soon. If we want to make most of this lead, we better get going.”

            “But, where would we go?” Aurora inquired. “We were being lead to Cora, when all along she was with us, and we didn’t get the portal dust.”

            “You mean this?” Hook held up a bottle filled with ashes.

            Emma reached for it, but Hook pulled back. “How did you get that?”

            “We all have our tricks, love,” he smirked. Hook walked with a slight limp. “I’m not called a pirate for no reason.”

            Emma was a little skeptical. How did he manage to steal from Cora? Tricking her is one thing, but actually getting close enough to steal is another. She knew he was the actual Hook, but something in his voice made her uneasy. She didn’t entirely trust him. However, Emma was beginning to think it was more shame. Leaving Hook back at the beanstalk hadn’t been just to fool Cora. The worst part, she was thinking of duplicating the act again except with the portal dust.

            “Oh, and don’t even think about pulling another stunt like on the beanstalk, Swan.” Hook replied as if reading her mind.

            “Who said I was going to?” Emma crossed her arms in defense.

            He gave a small laugh, “you didn’t have to.” ‘Open book’ he mouthed.

            She shot daggers at him. “Keep it up and—”

            “Emma! Focus. Remember? Now, the portal dust isn’t going to work on it’s on. Right now its just ash. We need a way to restore it’s properties,” Snow insisted.

            “Lake Nostos!” Aurora chimed in, “I’ve heard it has the ability to return what was once lost.”

            Emma remembered Henry talk about Lake Nostos. He mentioned Prince Charming had traveled to the lake to retrieve water to free Princess Abigail’s true love. Her true love had been turned to gold while trying to save King Midas, thus turning him into gold. The water of Lake Nostos broke the curse and set him free.