Chapter 5: Waking Up

A/N: Enjoy! Hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We cut ties. We tell lies. We hate change... We're waking up and right on time."- OneRepublic

©All Right Reserved Fanfictions4Fun 2013

"What are you talking about?" A look of confusion crossed his face.

The furious blonde pushed a little harder on the blade. "You're lying."

The storm only seemed to increase. One could say it was the beginning of a hurricane. Hurricane Emma.

"Look, Swan, I think you're just worried over your friends. Put the sword down and we can go find them," he started to back away.

"Don't you dare move."

"If I was Cora then why would I be leading you towards her? Why would I be helping you?" he pleaded over the storm.

Emma increased her glare. "Are you kidding? There's a thing called deception. I wasn't born yesterday."

"You would be dead by now or captured if I was Cora," the pirate defended. "Just calm down and we can figure things out."

She took a deep breath releasing it slowly. The person standing before her was not Hook. Maybe she hadn't known him for longer than a few days, but something was different. A feeling in her stomach told her that she could not trust the person in front of her. It had been like this since they all set out to find Cora. In her head she kept thinking it was Cora.

Recently, posing as Sir Lancelot, Cora managed to fool the women. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Emma was not about to be tricked for a second time. Who else could disguise their appearance voice and all? Her hand shook slightly with the blade. What she was about to do, there was the possibility that she would be wrong.

"See, calming down, the storm-"

Emma plunged the sword into the "pirate's" heart. Immediately, the storm ceased. Above, the morning sky faded into a coal black. The trees disappeared into the ground along with the fields of flowers. No sounds of the river could be found; no traces of the water could be seen. All that was left was bare, rigid dirt.

"Guess I'm getting good at breaking curses," she sheathed her sword.

"Did you really need to aim for the heart? Look at this stain." A vicious feminine voice replied. Where the stabbed pirate had stood, now was the Evil Queen's mommy dearest, Cora. "I seemed to have underestimated you, Emma. Congratulations for being able to break my curse. However, did you do it?"

"I'm told I'm supposed to break curses. Maybe it's in my DNA."

"No matter, I planned one of you would figure out who I really was. You, were just quicker than I anticipated." She took a step closer to the blonde. "Now, I'm sure you know why I am here."

Emma crossed her arms, "the compass."

"Right, my dear. And-"

"And you're hoping I'll give it up to you, so you can be on your merry way to Storybrooke."

An evil grin appeared. "You are making this too easy for me."

Emma laughed in irritation. "Sorry, you know what they say: hope breads eternal misery. There is no way you're getting the compass."

"Really?" She waved her hand in the air and a smoke cloud appeared displaying Snow, Mulan, and Aurora. They seemed to be trapped somewhere underground. "There is only enough air for them to survive until sunrise. If you want them to live, then you will give me that compass."