Chapter 2: Keep Your Eyes Open

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I'll be posting 2 tonight! If you don't want to wait for the next chapters I am posting them on fanfiction.net too. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

p.s. Yes every title will be named after a song with lyric(s) I think fit Captain Swan! Sometimes I'll include the lyric in my chapter so look out for them! ;) 

Rated: T for language

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You've Bested Me

Captain Swan Shipper! © All Rights Reserved Fanfictions4fun (a.k.a KaraStephenson)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2: Keep Your Eyes Open 

"So here you are two steps ahead, and staying on guard...keep your eyes open"-Taylor Swift

            “Hook” Emma replied venomously.

            “I’m touched, you remembered my name.” He put his hand over his heart, displaying a fake smile.

            Emma was about to yell out to the others...

            Hook shook his finger. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Wouldn’t want to wake the ogres now would we, love.”

            The blonde drew out her sword, aiming it right at the man’s throat.

            “Milady, no need to get feisty. There’s always a time and place for that.” He smirked, giving a small wink.

            She pushed the blade harder, almost breaking skin. “Leave,"

            He spoke with a taunting tone, “But I’ve only just arrived.”

            Emma held her stance, not giving in to his witty remarks. She kept her eyes locked onto him, not letting him anywhere near the others. Had ten hours already passed?

                   Hook returned her gaze with a grin. “Can’t take your eyes off of me can you, lass?” Quickly, he moved his hook, looped it around the blade, and flipped the sword out of her hand. He slid to the right, and caught the sword in his hand. “Didn’t anyone ever teach you how to wield a blade? Well, correctly.” He gave a small laugh in response to the shock on her face. “Love, your underestimation of me is quite amusing.”

                   “Fine. You have my attention.” She crossed her arms, patience running out.

                   “The stunt you pulled back there, the one at the beanstalk. I’m willing to put it behind me.”

                   Emma raised her eyebrow. “And?”

                   “And we carry out our original deal. I’ll help you get the portal dust you need to get home and of course you’ll take me along.”

                   Her lips pursed, not fully convinced of his words. If there was one thing she learned after her life flipped upside down, trust no one. Her stare increased as she tried to figure out his true intentions. “If I say no?”

            The smirk didn’t seem to leave his face. “Well, I could always tell Cora you’re here and you can lose all chances of finding your way home. The choice is yours, love.”

            “How do I know you haven’t already? You double-crossed her. You could be doing the same to me. From what I’ve heard, and experienced, Cora isn’t the nicest lady. She makes you look innocent. Maybe you’re trying to save your skin...get the compass...go to Storybrooke.”