Summer Rain

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Do not distribute, publish, transmit, modify, display or create derivative works from or exploit the contents of this story in any way. Please obtain permission.  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

© Alyssa | June 2013

---------

      "IS this the sign?" I looked at the dark gray sky as I let myself soak in the water—and to cover myself from crying. It is 15th of May in the evening and I'm asking for a sign...

Strong wind is blowing, trees are swaying left and right, cars are passing by, and few people are walking on the sidewalk: some are playing; some are walking fast to get home; some are sharing and almost hugging under the same small umbrella.

Where are you?

I wish you we're here to scold me not to get soak in the water.

I wish you we're here to scream at me because of my clumsiness.

I wish you we're here to push me hard because someone can hit me.

I wish you we're here to hug me because I'm a cry baby.

I wish you we're here to save me from my past.

I wish you we're here to kiss me... under the rain.

Where are you?

I miss your laugh. I miss your smile. I miss your voice. I miss your devilish grin. I miss your presence. I miss your hugs. I miss our kiss. I miss the way you talk. I miss the way you make me feel loved.

And most of all, I miss you alone.

But just like Romeo and Juliet, Sun and Moon, Venus and Jupiter... It cannot meet ways.

Our love is like a Summer Rain.

       ...It's impossible to happen.

 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *