[Believe]

SCENE 1 [Believe]

Narrator1: Years have passed and the world began to rust and shrivel. Lack of water resources, few plants- life is almost impossible and I daresay it’s deficient in every way… Everything had gone extinct except these creatures, HUMANS. Two have stayed, but their life span? , I do not know.

Leia: Father, oh, dear father, I’m so hungry and thirsty. Drought is filling my throat and I can barely breathe. Is it possible for me to last until one week?

Zosimo: I am so sorry my child, there is no existing food supply in this shrinking land. I have tried to find some food and other edible things, but there is none (shaking his head faintly).

Narrator2: This made her fell silent for a while, thinking of things which caused their affliction. She can no longer endure the pain that they’re suffering for so many months; the pain that is making her more fragile day by day. She looked at the orange-ish sky covering the world that they’re living and breathing in. She looked rather blunt and lifeless, taking deep breaths, with wheezing sounds coming from her throat. Then, she threw her small, skinny, pale hands above reaching for something which she can never reach; GOD.

Zosimo: What are you doing?

Leia: Reaching for God, Why?

Zosimo: *with a weak smirk* Child, He’s not real. These things will not happen if he’s really watching us. Prayers, prayers, you’re just praying to someone who doesn’t exist!

Leia: I say you are wrong. You know nothing about him for you do not believe.

Zosimo: What do you know about him? I am the only one you should believe in, for I am here in front of you. You can see and touch me. You are from my blood and flesh. Again, I say, that there is no God existing in this world, thou shall not believe in lies.

Leia: Another wrong statement by you. Let me answer your question…I just know him by heart, mother had told me about him and since that time, he is glued here inside of me. I may be young and fragile, but God has given me enough common sense. You’re being so unreasonable about your questions and answers. Not because you can’t see and feel him means that he doesn’t exist. He’s the reason why we’re still living, just be thankful my father.

Zosimo: Enough! You cannot change my mind. Just go where you want to go. We need to find some food. We’ll eat it even if it’s not edible.

Narrator1: Zosimo’s heart is as hard as the marble. He became an Atheist ever since Leia’s mother died. But still, after all that, He devoted his love for his daughter who resembled his wife. He cannot express it well, but as you look closely to him, it shows.