Bad News Lunch (Chapter 12)

Aaron and I sit at the table for an hour waiting for Zak. I hate the fact that that Zak is there with that woman that is a whole hell of a lot prettier than I am. The more I think about it the more go more into a state of fear. 

"What is wrong, " Aaron asks. 

"Do you have some sort of power to know when something is wrong with someone," I ask him. 

"I know with you when something is up. You just don't spend so much time with someone and not know these things," Aaron tells me in a matter-of-fact tone.

I lean back in the seat trying to calm myself down. It is almost like I am in a panic, why would she just want him? Why would she make it a point to say that all she wanted was him and tell the rest of us to go home when she clearly knows that Zak and I are together?

"I just don't think that woman is on the up and up. I think that she secretly wants to get in Zak's pants.

 And I also think that maybe I would be a lot more better if I knew that he wore a wedding ring. Then it is like every time he looks at his finger he is reminded of me," I tell Aaron.

"Right now you are being such a girl," Aaron observes. 

"Well I will have you know that I am a girl. I know that it is a bit of a shocker to you," I banter back.

Aaron laughs at the statement that he just made and my comeback, "No I mean that most of the time when we all hang out it is almost like you are one of us. Not afraid of getting dirty, work hard and play harder, laugh at all the silly jokes that are made, and make silly jokes yourself. I just never thought that I would be in this moment right now where I am sitting with you and talking about how you are insecure and you want to marry my best friend," Aaron says trying to make his point. 

I take a long drink of my water and set the glass back down on the table, "I am trying to see things how you are looking at them, but I cant," I admit.

"I am meaning that I know that it would be a cold day in hell before Zak would ever cheat on you. He is crazy about you. I am getting tired at hearing all of his insecurities about you. You both drive my crazy because you both drive each other crazy," Aaron says in a voice that I could tell that he is getting annoyed by the whole thing. 

I see Zak walk into the room. A smile washes across my face when our eyes make contact, "Alright Aaron I will quit talking about him."

Aaron throws his hands in his face, "Thank god. Now all I have to do is tell him to do the same thing and have him listen too."

"Well he is walking this way. So maybe you will get your chance to tell him that," I tell Aaron, before Zak steps up to the table. 

"Hello my beautiful lady," Zak says as he takes my hand and kisses it. 

My heart leaps when I feel his lips touch my skin. He breaths a tiny bit on my hand as he begins to let go of my hand. His hot breath gets my motor running. I want him to take me right here on the table. The only problem is that there are so many people in the room right now. 

Zak takes a seat next to me and wraps his arm around me staking his claim. His strong arm puts my soul at ease. I know that this man will and has done Everything in his power to take care of me and make sure that I am safe. This is the first time that I have left the house into public since the incident in California and he had been keeping eye on me pretty well. Hell he threw a fit over the short they made me wear. That I am still wearing. The only times I have left his side is when I am with Aaron.
"So fill me into the conversation that I have been missing out on," Zak says. 

I let out a good laugh, "Aaron over here says that he is tired of hearing about us driving each other crazy."

He smiles an evil sexy smile, "So I drive you crazy," he asks.