Day J-2

I sat down on the couch and looked up at John. His eyes were dull but a strange grin was posted on his face. "So, Mr. Stalker," John said in a really sleepy voice. "Do you have a story to tell for the second day of observing your prey?"

"Why the creepy names?" I asked. "It's not like I was trying to be creepy."

John yawned. "Can I trust you today? I mean, can I seriously trust you?"

"With what?"

John opened his laptop. "I am not feeling up to typing your story today. I stayed up too late last night." He typed a few keys in and clicked on the mousepad several times. "Can you honestly type your story without looking into my other files?"

I nodded. "If I have to."

John grinned and typed in a long set of keys. When he was done, he clicked the mouse a few more times and handed the laptop to me. "Alright, Jackson. Type honestly. If I find a hint of falsehood, I will have to teach you a lesson." He let out a long yawn and pulled out a pillow from under his desk. "Wake me up when you're done, alright?"

"Okay," I said as I looked down at the keyboard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran over to Caroline's apartment and peaked into her bedroom window to see Phillip feeding her some breakfast. I started to feel myself get angrier when Caroline said something strange. At least, I thought she must've said something strange because Phillip suddenly blushed and walked out of the room in a hurry. I ran over to the living room window and saw the curtains had been pulled shut. I opened the window and pushed the curtains aside to see Phillip walk into the open. When the sunlight suddenly hit his face, I thought I was going to be caught but instead, he screamed in pain and covered his face. I could only stare in surprise as he dashed to the corner of the room with his eyes closed and hands covering the part of the face that touched the sunlight. I ducked back down and shut the window and continued watching him. A few moments later, Phillip searched the room and grabbed a blanket from the couch. He covered himself in it and returned to his corner.

When Caroline came out, she seemed surprised by his actions as well. I popped the window open by an inch and started listening in on the conversation.

"-burns my skin," Phillip said in a whiny voice. "i accidentally stepped into the light and it burned my face."

I sighed. He didn't know I opened the window on him. I watched Caroline crouch in front of him and she started to search his face. "Are you sure you burned your skin?" She asked.

"I did! It hurt."

I giggled. What a stupid kid. All he has done this morning had been whining.

"I don't see any burns," Caroline said as she moved beside him and got a closer look.

Phillip's face went bright red and he turned away, covering his face with the blanket as he did. "My skin heals fast. It's kinda creepy."

Caroline seemed confused about that. "Are you sure you're not a vampire?"

"Yes," Phillip whined as he started rocking himself back and forth. "Please don't remind me that I'm not homan. I like to think of myself as a living person with unique needs."

I felt dumbstruck. Homan? What's a homan?

"Sorry," Caroline said as she stood up and looked at the clock. "I have to go to school in about an hour."

Phillip slowly turned back to her. "Y-you go to school?"

"Well yeah," Caroline replied as she waved her hand. She started to search around for something, most likely her backpack. "I'm only eighteen."