Wounds in the Way

Yes, guys sorry this is a short chapter. i promis the next one is longer. MUCH LONGER!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ma?!" I call walking through my house door, "I'm home!" I walk in her room. She's sitting on her bed with her laptop. She looks up at me and takes her ear buds out her ears.

"Hey, sweetie. You're home. How was Mike's house?" she asks patting the spot next to her on her bed telling me to sit down.

"It was fun. Look at this." I show her the picture of mike and I sitting on the couch.

"Aww, qué linda! Let's talk." She smiles.

"Is it about Mike?"

"No, your daddy." I never saw my daddy. Let alone heard about him. Well, I saw him when I was a baby, but it's all a blur. When I was younger, I used to tell my friends I was a miracle baby just so they wouldn't asked me about my non-existent daddy.

She continues, "Your daddy was my calculus teacher. He is 6 years older than me. It was fun until...you were almost 2 years old."

"What happened?"

"His ex-girlfriend. Before him and me starting dating, he left a relationship with his ex. She tried to get him back at first. But he said no to her. However, I found out that they were talking to each other again."

"He cheated?!" I interrupt.

"Well I mean you could say that. But he said he couldn't decide between her and me. I'm like 'okay it's all good.' "She stories mimicking her gestures and facial expressions at that moment.

"So, did you stay?"

"Dear Lord No! Your Nana (my grandmother) didn't raise no fool. He said he couldn't decide, so I decided for him. So I haven't seen him since. You know I was an heiress till I turned 21. That was the law. The money stop coming when I reached that age. So I was good till then because I got the good paying job I'm at now. So I didn't want his child support. I paid to have your last name changed to my last name." she concludes her story.

"Wow, ma, I'm sorry. I never knew that."

"Oh, don't be sorry for me. I turned out just fine. Was I hurt? Yes. Only because I did love him and he had my child. But I rather be single than brokenhearted. We never struggled, so we're fine. I just don't want the same thing to happen to you."

"Mike and I haven't even gotten that far."

"And don't be shocked if it ends badly. They come and go."

I warm my mom with my embrace and then I slide off her very high bed.

"Oh and one more thing Nat: The only thing worst than losing a lover is loving a loser."

I smile as I soak up my mom's words of wisdom into my brain and heart. That is too true.

"Oh and another thing Nat!" she adds. Good lord. Just tell me everything in one sentence. "Braxton is in your room."

"What do you mean he is in my room?!" I clarify yelling.

"He asks to come over to talk to you. Just go listen."

I groan very loudly sounding like a walrus in pain.

I walk into my room, "what Braxton?" Why did she let him in?

"I miss you." He confesses with sorrow in his tone and voice.

"B, I know you do. But you said strictly platonic. So here is the platonic part." I say being a smart-ass. Braxton grabs my face and starts to kiss me. But I stop it right there because I know where that leads to. "Braxton stop."

"Natalia...I love you." My heart kinda stopped like a heart murmur. Uh-oh....there goes that L word.

"But I don't love you..." he was hurt by my negative declarative. He picks me up and throws me on the bed and starts kissing me everywhere. He's trying to take me back to the day when we had that 'moment'.

I try to push him off of me but his weight is heavier than what I can lift. I can only bench like 10 pounds. If that... Yeah I'm weak.

"Braxton, get off me." I command punching his chest with my puny baby hands. He stops caressing my body and sits up.

"Why not? You changed."

"You have too! You know what...maybe....we shouldn't even be friends anymore. Period." I suggest harshly.

"Nat, I'm sorry. I always wanted to be with you and you know that! What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing. I just met Mike and I'm happy."

He gets up and walks out my room. I'm assuming he's leaving.

I walk over to my dresser to see a present box has been left for me.

I open it and inside is a frame with a picture of Brax and I when we were 15. We were at Adventure Landing with Gaby, Lexi, Wesley, Liberty, Mikey, and Jason. We were celebrating our year anniversary becoming IMPRINT.

Memories make me cry.

I lie on my bed and let the waterworks paint themselves upon my cheeks...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That song over there ----------------) yeah it's really pretty. Will Braxton ever findout about Mike?????????????????? teehee............

Will Mike Hurt Nat With Adrienne like Her dad did to her mom?

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT :)(: