I Won't Tell

I'm sitting on Mike's futon-in detention. I'm super bored, so I just end up pulling out my iPod.

"No electronics, Natalia."

You're kidding...

"Okay, what did I do to make you act like this towards me?" I ask.

"Oh, Nat, don't play dumb. I saw you kiss Braxton."

"Okay, your point?"

He pulls his phone out and types something. Then my phone ironically rings indicating I have a text.

-----My point is u kissed him--------

"How'd you get my number?"

"I'm a teacher."

"Okay, I'm leaving."

"You can't. Youre still in detention."

"But I have practice with Braxton!" I argue.

"Oh great. Another reason why I can make you stay."

I poke my finger at his chest and say, "Mike, you said we're not doing this!"

"I know Nat, and I was being stupid. I was paranoid I could lose my job."

We pause for a moment. I speak up calmly, "So why the hell am I here?"

He smirks, "So I can kiss all over you till I'm satisfied." He slides his hands down my back pockets and pulls me closer. He bends to kiss my neck and then finally he makes his way to my lips to put a soft, sweet, succulent kiss on me.

I didn't realize we were actually kissing until his tongue went inside my mouth!

I felt something touch me on my thigh. Like a soft poke feeling. I look down.

"Whoa." I say giggling.

"Like what you see?" he jokes. That must be his catch phrase.

"So, can I leave now?"

"If you promise to come to my place tonight and stay the night?"

"Really? But we just started this thing and...-"

"Trust me." He begs with soft eyes.

"I ponder and finally give in. "Fine, just text me with the address. So does that mean I can leave now?"

He kisses me again, "Yes, now you can."

I definitely need to have a 4 way with Gaby, Liberty, and Lexi about this.

***

"Okay, so after the turn arm swing, we're gonna step back twice but as we do that throw your arms to the side like this." I instruct demonstrating.

"Wow, that's flyy." Braxton compliments.

"Yeah for the ending part just freestyle pop. And that's it."

"Finally!" Braxton says turning on the studio fan. I sit next to it and drink my Kiwi Strawberry Propel.

Braxton sits next to me and rubs his sweats on me.

"Ew B, Get off me. You're getting me wet!" I yell.

"That's what she said." He jokes. Dirty mind.

We exhale.

"Why?" he asks.

"Why what B?"

"Why isn't there an us?" I look down trying to avoid his question. "Natalia..." he says sternly.

"I just don't wanna ruin this friendship we have with a possibly temporary relationship."

He frowns and then sighs, "Maybe.....maybe we should just...stay like we are- platonic. No kissing, hugging, just dance partners.

Well damn, that actually hurt. It's like he's just giving up on me. On us.

Well, I'm like double dating with him and Mike. So I'm actually the bad person here.

I don't answer him. I can't answer him. If I do, he might hear the hurt in my voice. I like Brax since I first met him.

(Flashback-3 years ago)

I walk in to the substantial multi-purpose dance classroom.

"Here's our new student! Everybody this is Natalia!" Ashton, my old dance teacher, introduces.

Hey Natalia" they say. I respond with a half wave.

"Natalia, we're learning a new dance. So you're gonna have to catch. We already finished it, but one of the guys can show you because it's a boy/girl dance. Any volunteers?"

Al the guys raise their hands eagerly and rapidly. I giggle.

Ashton is shocked. "Natalia, how about you decide?"

Now....the spotlight's on me. The boys put on their puppy dog face. My eyes just immediately attach to Braxton. "Um...him with the yellow gym shorts." I choose pointing at him.

"Braxton? Yes!"

Braxton smiles at me. The others boys groan.

"Well, go over there and get started."

After Braxton showed me the dance, we talked.

"So I see you at my school with Gaby, Lexi, and Braxton."

"Yeah, they're my best friends. I never see you at school well I never really paid attention."

"Wow, that's that hurt."

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"Yeah, I know." He says flicking my chin with his index finger.

"Well next time, you see me, come over and say hi."

"Will do, Natalia."

"Call me Nat."

(Present)

Ever since then we've been friends.

"Brax, I'm sorry."

"Let's pick this tomorrow." He says ignoring me completely.

"Oh, crap." I say looking at the clock.

"What's wrong?"

"I gotta be somewhere."

"Where?" he asks being nosy.

"Um a friend's. I'm staying at there place. I won't miss practice. I'll be here. Don't worry, B."

"Nat, I'm serious. 10:00 in the morning!"

***

"Nat where are you going?" my mom asks. Lie time.

"I'm going back down to the studio to practice some more."

"What time will you be back?"

"I don't know. But I'll probably be late. So I might stay at Brax, Gab, Lexi, Wes, Jace, or Mikey's house. Cause we're supposed to be at the studio tomorrow morning."

"Why again?"

"Oh, I didn't tell you. We got a gig." I say packing up my clothes and necessities really quick.

"Yo, Nat, sweetie?"

"Yeah, ma?" I say a little annoyed.

"Braxton is a good kid. Give him a chance."

"Mmm...yeah...okay."

"Lord, Natalia, what happened now?"

"Can we talk about this later? I'm late."

She shrugs and rubs her cheek, "Okay, fine go. But this conversation isn't over, missy!"

I kiss her goodbye and run quickly to my car.