Chapter Sixty-Three

NOTE: I do not own any of the ideas or characters expressed in this story (except Cassie Jackson). All of these belong to J.K. Rowling.

Hey guys! I just wanted to quickly say that I am literally in shock from the amount of comments I got on the last chapter. I've never had so many people comment before, and I've never had people say such nice things about the story before! It's gonna be so so hard to choose >< Just know that whoever I pick, every single comment made me smile. I hope no one gets offended or anything...or maybe I'm just overthinking it lol. Anyway, it ends tomorrow at 5! If you want to be a part of it, go back on the last chapter and comment!

Please let me know what you think of this chapter. It literally took me so long to write, and I'm still not happy with it. :/ Oh well. I hope you like it!

*****************

Cassie P.O.V.

          “Stupefy!”

          I hit the ground almost as soon as the Death Eater sends the spell, falling to my knees and rolling behind a large chunk of the exploded concrete wall for cover. The jet of light blasts into the wall, sending up a spray of powder into the air and making me cough.

          The Death Eater is stepping closer to the rubble I’m hiding behind, so I scramble out into the open and shout a Stunning spell. He sees me just at the last second, throwing his wand upward to block the spell in time. I shut out everything else around me as he yells, “Avada Kedavra!”

          I throw myself to the side without a seconds thought, landing hard on the castle floor and crying out in pain a bit in pain as my shoulder drives into a particularly sharp stone. Wincing, I look up to see the same Death Eater raising his wand, getting ready to send another Killing Curse at me.

          But I watch as Cho turns just in time to see, and screeches a curse faster than I would have thought possible. The Death Eater, caught completely by surprise, has no time to react as the Stunning spell hits him hard under his raised arm, sending him flying to the side. Coughing slightly and rubbing my sore shoulder, I pick myself up off the floor. I give Cho a quick nod of gratitude, which she accepts with a small grin before turning back around to help Katherine fight back the giant spider from the Forbidden Forest.

          I give myself a moment to look around the destroyed hallway we’re in, seeing Kingsley still dueling with the two masked Death Eaters and Katherine and Cho pushing the spiders back out the windows they had come. Tightening my grip on my wand, I jump over rubble and shattered glass to help them with the spiders.

          A spider is smashing its way through a second window next to me, so I turn quickly in fear and shout, “Stupefy!”

          The spider squeals and blasts back out of the castle, the force of the spell causing its eight legs to fold in on each other. Breathing heavily and already starting to feel a bit tired, I look over to see Katherine and Cho sending the last of the giant spiders back out the smashed windows they had come.

          Hurrying over to them, I look over Cho and Katherine carefully before asking breathlessly, “Are—are you both okay?”

          “Yeah,” Katherine answers, a huge grin on her face. “This is the most fun I’ve had in ages!”

          Before I can reply, we all hear the bang of a powerful jinx, and we turn to see a Death Eater sprawled out against the wall a few feet from us. Kingsley gives the three of us a brief nod before racing back down the hallway away from us, leaving the two Death Eaters he had been dueling lying unconscious.