Stripping Of Weights

Heb 12:1  Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. (NLT)

Many at times we come across a message , song or even the verse above and we think "yes i have to cut off A B C from my life" ,"if i could just cut off A B C from my life, all would be perfect" yes thats good, infact identifying what you need to drop off from your life is a good step, However its the way we go about stripping these weights that really determines if these weights will be dropped off for good or just temporarily.

Some times we try to keep off and cut off every communication from the said weights,Yes! that's also good, its a pretty bold step that people are sometimes too afraid to take, but its time we open our eyes to the next verse, me most times ignore it, you see the verse above is only a part of the equation and we need to see the other part in verse 2

Heb 12:2  We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish. [53] He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterward. Now he is seated in the place of highest honor beside God's throne in heaven.(NLT)

So you dropping/running away from these weights is not enough, because if you're not stabilised you will see yourself going back, so when you're stripping off these weights, run to Jesus!!, Focus on Jesus. I'd paint a little picture for you.

You are sitting still and you have the world in front of you, now you decide oh i don't want to look at the world anymore and instead of changing your focus to something else you just keep turning your head up and down, left and right with the aim of not looking at the world,yes that would work but TEMPORARILY! in time you will be tired and you will get back to starring at the world.

If you really want to strip of weights today, focus on Jesus!, the childhood song that says "read your bible pray everyday..."shouldn't just be a song to you, it should be a watchword and one must make conscious effort to focus on Jesus, Amidst all the worldly distractions.