Chapter 12: Akwaaaarrrrdddd

The next morning, Juliet's alarm clock wakes us up. I get dressed, and eat breakfast with Juliet, her dad, and Kay. We drive to Juliet's church in her dad's convertible. Kay tries to make small talk, but I slip in my earbuds when no one noticed, and was silently listening to Imagine Dragons. I wonder how Jamie's doing. I open a text on my phone to her. 'Hey sista! Miss you!' Hopefully she'll answer soon. I look out the window at the beach. It's just so peaceful. I wish I could go back to my old life. When Cali, Tiff and I would go to the beach and tan every summer. When my dad still had a job and we could go on big shopping sprees. When Jamie would drive us to Starbucks. "JADE!" I look up at Juliet, who startled me out of my thoughts. "Sorry." I say, and get out of the car with her. She grabs my hand. "C'mon! We're late!" She smiles and pulls me inside.

We walk into a building, and through a door that says 'Junior High'. Inside, is about 30 teens, some talking, some dancing to the music playing, some sitting on the couches. The whole room gives a casual vibe, from the old neon light signs hung from the ceiling, to the dim lights and old furniture. Juliet leads me over to a guy, about in his thirties. "Erik, this is my friend Jade. Jade this is the youth group leader Erik." I smile, "Nice to Meet you." I say politely trying to contain my discomfort. My parents kinda gave up on forcing me to church, and it's been like eight months since I've been. I guess I've blamed God for everything that's gone wrong. Juliet then leads me over to a group of girls sitting on one of the couches. "Girls! This is my friend Jade! Jade this is Alex, Jess, Cara, and Britt." They look up, and in my worst nightmare, of course, 'Britt' is who I was hoping it wasn't. It's Britt from school. Ya know, the girl who cheated with my ex-bestfriend's ex-boyfriend and bullied me the worst week of my life. Now I'm dying Inside. Britt smirks at me. "Nice to meet you girls. Uhm, Juliet, can you show me the bathroom?" I smile awkwardly and run after Juliet.

________________________

Drama o_0

xo

Claire <3