Chapter 10: Change Your Life and Take it On

She looks up at me. Her eyes are watering. "Yeah, that's my mom. She passed away two years ago. She had cancer. My mom was the strongest person I know. I just miss her so much. It's really hard for me, because my dad started to date a woman named Kay a few months ago. I like her and all, but I'm not ready to move on." Oh my gosh. This poor girl. I mean, I thought my life was hard. I sit down on her bed, and pull her in for a big hug. She puts her head onto my shoulder and starts balling her eyes out. I can't imagine the pain she's going through. I sigh and say, "Juliet. I know life can get so hard, but we need to focus on the good things. You're beautiful, and you have a dad that loves you very much. God is using you, and has connected you with me." Where the heck am I getting all this stuff? I guess my youth group leader's sermons have kinda rubbed off on me. I never noticed I actually paid attention. I keep talking, "Ju, you have to be strong. For your mom. She wants you to be a great example. " she looks up, and I swear, her face is so tear stained and her eyes are so red that it's hard not to start crying. "I guess you're right. My mom would want the best for me. Thanks, Jade. You're an amazing friend. " She buries her head in my shoulder again. I start singing.

"She captures her reflection as she throws the mirror to the floor.

Her image is distorted screaming is it worth it anymore?

Are you scared of the things they might put you through?

Does it make you want to hide the inner you?

You're not the only one so let them criticize,

You're untouchable when you realize.

Ohhhhh

Change, Change your Life, take it on

We're going to stick together, I know we'll get through it all.

Change, Change your life, take it on.

You'll use it to become what you've always wanted"

"Change your Life, by Little Mix. Oh jade, you're such an amazing friend. God blessed me today when he put you into my life. I love you so much." Oh boy. This is friendship is shaping up to be a roller coaster.

____________________

Guys I'm so sorry for not posting! Super sorry!!

Emotional chapter :/

Can you leave some honest opinions and ideas of where I should take the story?

xo Claire <3