Chapter 1: ugh, Monday!

I'm Jade Evergreen. I live in Miami Beach, Florida, and I'm 14. For me,Things went downhill fast.This is my story.

"Jade! get up!" I jump awake to the intercom in my room yelling my older sisters voice at me. My mom,my dad, My older brother James, My older sister Jamie, my baby sister Jess, and I, live in a two story mansion. So, and intercom is pretty necessary, so we don't have to shout all the time. my dad is a real estate agent, and my mom is a past judge on America's Top Models. but, unlike most people would think, my life isn't all peachy. I'm still a normal teen, dealing with hormones, relationships, family issues, and struggles to be happy with myself.But anyway, back to the story. I drag myself out of bed, and walk towards the intercom on the far wall in my bedroom. My bedroom is everything a teenage girl could imagine. I am British, and the whole theme reflects that. it's modern, with a lot of white and purple. Dress figurines and a make-up vanity take up one whole side. I'm obsessed with make-up, perfume and clothes. Posters of Little Mix, Cher Lloyd, and One Direction are scattered throughout. I yell through the intercom system, " i'll be down in a minute!" I go over to my huge closet and pull out a high-low Nordstrom skirt, a printed tank top, and a jean jacket, from Forever 21. I throw my hair into a messy bun, and apply school-appropriate make-up.

trudging downstairs, I see Jamie feeding Jess from a spoon, and James putting a pop-tart in the toaster. we don't have a cook or housekeeper, which can be difficult on busy days. Luckily, Jamie, who's 18, loves to cook. I see a plate of waffles on the counter, and put a couple on my plate, drowning them in syrup. that's one thing in my favor, I play volleyball, and I'm skinny as a stick, so I eat what I want. my brother plops his plate down on the table, startling me out of my thoughts. we eat in silence, until my mom rushes in. her presence is amazing, for a 40 year old woman. "Good morning darlings!" She chirps. A chorus of half-hearted greetings erupt from the table. my mom grabs a couple waffles, and joins us at the table. I groan inside as I come to the realization that its Monday. I look at the clock, and notice that its 7:54. "dang it!" I yell. my best friend, Cali and her mom pick me up at 8. our school starts at 8:15. I rush upstairs, brush my teeth and grab my floral PINK backpack. I lace up Steve Madden combat boots, and I'm out the door.

Cali's mom pulls in the driveway, and I hop into her Honda accord. I say, "hey Cali! hi Mrs. davenport." mrs. Davenport responds, "Hi sweetie!" The car ride consists of gossip, and the who-likes-who update from Cali. Cali Davenport is the most popular girl at Miami Beach Middle School. lucky for me, I'm her wingman, her second in command, the beta to her alpha. Cali's dad is a movie director, and they have tons of money, not to mention a huge house, a private yacht and jet. Our closet friend, Tiffany Bradford, is also a daughter of the rich and famous. her mom owns the chain of stores, Juicy Couture. the three of us are best friends, and basically each others only friends. yes, we're very popular, but like any popular group, everyone is jealous, and hates us. Miami Beach Middle School, or as everyone calls it, MBMS, spreads rumors faster than you spread butter on your toast.Cali informs me that last night text conversations told her that the latest rumor, is that Tiffany's boyfriend was planning to break up with her this morning.now, they weren't true, but everyone believes them. Cali has connections, a group of friends that find out about these rumors, and then tell Cali all about them. That's how she knows everything. Never tell a secret that you want to keep a secret, to anyone at MBMS. MBMS isn't technically a private school, but it's treated like one. Not many people in their right mind, would decide to come here.It's a school of people that judge you quickly. If you don't fit in with the crowd, it's pure torture to attend MBMS. That's why, most people stay away, but popular and rich kids like me fit right in. The school is a perfect example of the Miami beach lifestyle .