Chapter Thirteen:Agony (Abe's POV)

I lay quietly in my bed. I had stayed awake for hours after I had come out of my trance, for lack of better word. I was not really here. I was half buried in my wolf, who was still howling. I didn't understand this. I know I had lied, but I had saved her, if I hadn't been there for her, I would never have known that she needed saving. I groaned. These exact same thoughts had been flowing through my head for hours.

    I missed her. I had grown used to sleeping by her side at night, hearing her soft voice lull me into a peaceful slumber. Now I knew that I hadn't just become used to it, I was addicted to it. I pressed my head into my pillow, letting thoughts of my nights with Aza flood my pained mind. I could hear her gentle voice reading Crown Duel, telling me of her mind and heart, but it soon turned into the pained filled words she had uttered to me the day of the attack.

    That brought forth memories of time spent whimpering outside her window, hearing her cry and know that I was the reason for the heartbroken sobs. Those horrific memories assualted my weakened mind, tearing through the fragile walls I had constructed around my damaged heart. I felt a tear slip down my cheek. I fought againt the heavy sobs that threatened to pour from my aching throat. 

    I didn't win.

     An tearfilled hour later I hauled myself off my bed, tearing through my living room at an inhuman pace. I ripped my way through the forest straight to her house. About a half mile away, I stretched out and phased into my wolf coat. I ran swiftly to her window, leaning my broad back against the wall, I eased my nose against the sill.

    Her warm honeysuckle scent hit my nose, along with the bitter salty smell of tears. My heart constricted. I breathed in her scent and listened to the calming sound of my mate breathing. It calmed me, though my wolf still roared in fury. Only one thing could tame him now, and that was Aza. He needed her even more than I did now.

    I sat there for I don't know how long, but soon I heard her stirring. She sat up. I could hear her footsteps approaching the window. I tensed, preparing for her angry voice to come streaming through to my ears. Nothing came. I sighed.

    "Abe, you need to go." I don't want to! I whined. I could feel my wolf's claws scratching against my mind. He was trying to take control. I lifted my paws onto the sill and peered into her sad eyes. I gave her a look that I knew was filled with misery and regret.

    "Abe, you are only making this harder. Leave." I shook my huge head. She gazed at me warily. She probably thought I was going to climb through the window. After my behaviour last night, I was not surprised. 'Mate. Mate. Want! Please, come back! I sorry, come back! Mate.'  my wolf cried. I could tell that she got the message. I was loosing control of him, and as I did his expressions and thoughts would become clearer.

    "Spare yourself some pain Abe. Let me go." No! I can't. Aza. I whimpered and lay my head down, trying to make it so her fingers would brush my ear. She knew that's what I wanted and moved her hands out of reach.

    "If you don't leave I will." I stared at her. She turned and shut the window. I sat there like a rock, refusing to move just so I could hear her and smell her. It was a sweet agony.

    'Please.'

The revenge is happening soon, my friends. I just had to throw in Abe or else you might've killed me.