Chapter Four:The New Girl (Abe's POV)

• Dedicated to Teresa Robertson (My Mom)

    "You're a stranger." I growled. She gaped at me, her eyes stunned. I wanted to snort, but I had a feeling she was the kind of human who would take that as a challenge, not a warning. Her mouth was hanging open so wide I could practically see her tonsils. I noticed that she had a slender figure with skin pale as snow. Her clothing hugged her body, showing off curves that could be easily overlooked in baggy clothes. She was pretty for a human.

    "I'm a stranger? Well, yeah I am a stranger. I'm a freaking new kid! So yeah, I'm a stranger. You don't have to point it out. " It was my turn to gape at her. She was full of fire. It was still strange though. Most find me incredibly intimidating. Even other wolves find me threatening. That comes in handy in high school. The boys don't tease or challenge you, the females chatter over you, but don't approach. Being alpha has it's perks. I noticed that she was giving me a look that could melt ice on the surface of the sun.

    "I didn't mean it that way. I know you are a new kid, I mean I don't recognize you. I know every kid in the area, and you aren't one of them. So, you are a stranger." I watched her eyes grow slightly confused. I smirked, thinking that humans really need to get smarter. No wonder they are so vunerable. The moment the girl saw me smrik, her eyes gleamed with a fierce flame that threatened to burn the bravest of people to ashes.

    "Look, dude, I am tired and already fed up with you, this school, this whole freaking neighborhood. So. Leave. Me. Alone." Her voice was filled with fury.

    "So you don't want my help to biology? Alrighty then, I'll just be leaving." I pretended to turn away. I felt warmth on my shoulder and saw her tiny hand resting there. I turned back around and sneered at her. You could tell she wasn't pleased with needing my help, but she did.

    "Yeah I need your help." She muttered angrily. I noticed she didn't say want.

    "Go down the left hallway, second door down." I couldn't resist giving her a smug grin. She nodded, causing soft looking black hair to fall in her face, then walked away. When she was about ten feet away, she looked over her shoulder and stuck her tongue out at me. She smirked right back at me, then cotinued her journey to biology. I stared.

    I could hear the familiar sounds of my friends loud voices approaching me. I turned and saw them walking over to me. "Hey man! What's up?" Ryan called. I shook my head at him. The boy doesn't know how to be quiet. I could see Connor grinning. Good God, what are they planning now?

    "She's a spitfire, isn't she?" He asked while brushing brown hair out of his face.

    "Big time. Very observant to." I replied.

    "Did she say something about you that made her seem that way?" Ryan asked.

    "No, but you can tell. Her eyes are more intelligent than most humans. We're going to have to avoid her. If she's as observant as she seems, we could be in trouble." I said.

    They both nodded. I could tell they understood. We rarely ever ran into people like that, but we knew people who had died from not being careful enough with our secret. It was immensely important to keep ourselves hidden. The new girl is dangerous. She will see straight through us. Or at least that's what  I think. Being what we are, there is no risking it.

    We will avoid the new girl.