7

10:30am and I'm in the hotel room. Still haven't heard from Jenna. Really starting to worry.

The guys all reassured me that it's too much of a coincidence for both Preston and Jenna to go missing at the same time. They said I should be annoyed more than worried for being ditched like this.

I winced when they said the word 'ditched'. It sounds so cold and careless.

Is Jenna cold and careless? I don't think so.

She is a bit ditsy, though.

I don't really know what to do. Do I go ahead on my own? I really don't want to wander around New York on my own trying to find the place, but I also don't want to spend my first full day here sitting biting my nails pondering about the misgivings of Jenna's disappearance.

Bzzzz. Phone. Jenna?!

Nope.

Mitch.

'Any news?'

Well, my nails are now a new colour. Pink to match the colour my cheeks turn 60 times a day. With glitter on top. Just because.

'Nothing yet.'

'Called Preston, no answer.'

Sh-sugar. Slightly embarrassed that I haven't tried calling Jenna. In a world of texting I forget that you can use phones to vocally converse with someone.

I give it a go, and it goes straight to voicemail. This can mean one of two things: she is somewhere without phone signal, or she has been kidnapped and they destroyed her only means of contact. Or she switched it off. Three things, then. One of three things.

Bzzz. Mitch again.

'Plan for today?'

'Bite nails. Speculate.'

'Orrrrr come to MineCon with us and find your friend there?'

That could work, too..

----

Wow. This place is huge.

I'm amazed that I made it here, to be honest. All on my own in the big city. With three guys that knew exactly where they were going to guide me. But hey, I managed to keep up with them. Didn't get lost in between taxi and MineCon.

I get nudged. I've been staring into space. Oops. Hopefully I looked thoughtful and intelligent, rather than lost and dazed. I wouldn't bet on the former, though. Not that anyone will take on this bet with me. Getting distracted again. Brain, switch on social receptors please.

"You alright there?" Mitch always seems to have that quizzical look on his face when addressing me. I wonder why - I always make so much sense.

"Yah. Fine. Don't know where to start!" Yah? Yah?! When did I become Dutch?

"There's some pretty cool mods being showcased. We're gonna check that out. Wanna join?"

No, I'd rather wander around by myself in this big scary place because I'm so savvy and good with directions.

"Sure, why not?"

AN: I'm just guessing where MineCon is going to be, idk if its in New York this year or not :P I also don't know much about MineCon, so this is going to be highly inaccurate haha. 

Please let me know what you think if you read this far :)