9

There is smoothie everywhere, spreading out infront of me. 

Two different kinds: a pink and an orange, swirling together where they meet. The colours go quite well actually, it's quite pretty.

Focus.

A hand appears before me. I think it wants to help. I grab it and am pulled to my feet. I almost don't want to face the person it belongs to. Nope, not almost. I definitely don't. 

I guiltily glance upwards. Yup, there's that look again.

"Hi, Mitch." I say meakly. "Sorry about the smoothies. Looks like they were yummy."

He raises his eyebrows. He seems to do this a lot. He shakes his head too. Why do I have this effect on people?

"Why are you on your own?" He asks. He sounds quite worried, and sure enough, my face works hard to match my nail varnish.

"You all left! And I haven't found Jenna." I say innocently.

"No, I left. Jerome and Mat were supposed to look after you."

"Look after me? I'm not a child. I don't need babysitters." I scoff.

"So you know where you're going then, do you?"

Um. He got me. 

"Yes.. I'm following that blonde head." I pause, vaguely pointing somewhere ahead. I'm getting another 'You crazy?' look. "Well, I was, anyway. Until I collided with your smoothies."

"You think it was Jenna?"

"No, I just wanted a new friend." Oops, that was supposed to be in my head. I also didnt mean to roll my eyes.

He laughs.

"Just trying to help. It wasn't her, by the way. I heard a call-out saying someones at the main reception looking for a Sarah. I'm guessing thats you." He says this so casually. Like, by the way, I just won a zillion pounds. By the way, I'm marrying my dog. 

Anyway, she's okay. She wasn't kidnapped. I won't be homeless. I let out a big sigh of relief. Then I re-hear what he just said.

"Wait. So you find out where my friend - who has been missing all day - is, and you still proceed to buy smoothies?!"

"Well, I was already in line. I thought I might as well."

That sounds familiar.

I see him eye up my souvineir carrier bags. Oops.

"I-I thought one of the vendors might have seen her..." I'm interrupted.

"And when you found out they hadn't, you still proceeded to buy..." He takes a close look at the bags. "...a mug, a key chain and a sword?!" He says, mocking my voice. 

I'm annoyed, but I can't stop the corners of my mouth from twitching. He takes full advantage of this and grins. I laugh. Dammit. 

It's funny how I'm standing at a convention in New York, arguing/laughing with TheBajanCanadian, and it doesn't feel like a big deal. 

The big deal is finding Jenna. 

"So, er..." I hate asking for help. "You happen to know how to get to reception?"

"Follow me."

If you make it this far, please let me know :P Want to know if I should keep going haha.